work out ?

Options
When is the best time to work out? How many times a day should I work out? How many times a week?

Replies

• omgsayalathieo
    Options
    It really depends on you but I think working out at least 4 times a week really works..make sure you give your body time to recover.
  • spetersen
    Options
    I would have to say the AM because you get it out of the way and are less likely to put it off. You should try and workout out for at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I like working out early in the day. It helps me to make sure i have the chance to eat all my exercise calories and I get to do it before I become to "busy" with other things.

I go to the gym 5 days a week. I do weights (arms 1 day, legs the next) plus 30-45 minutes of cardio, 1 day of about 60 minutes of just cardio, and then repeat the weights/cardio for the next two days.
  • Jbonar
    Jbonar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The best time to work out is the time you can guarantee you'll do it. Some tout the benefits of early morning workouts, but they do me no good, because I won't get up early to do it. I love to work out in the evening, while others prefer to have it over and done.

I work out 5-6 days a week. Rest days are a must. I vary my cardio (though I'm a runner and the bulk of it is running) and never strength train the same muscle group 2 days in a row.