Dr. Oz Grilled by US Senate on Weight Loss Scam Endorsements

Options

Replies

• kholcomb51
    kholcomb51 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    At last! I suspect many seekers of "miracle" pills or elixirs will dismiss this as a witch hunt by "big medicine," but it's a great start. I love the MFP community for keeping it real. :)
  • MimiMedrano
    Options
    The great and powerful Oz is nothing but a quack and a phony. He may as well be a Kartrashian.
  • wendyking1979
    wendyking1979 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bumpitty bump. Oz is a d-bag of the highest order.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz Grilled by US Senate...because it was healthier than deep frying him. :laugh:

Seriously, tho...the hubs mentioned this to me last night, and I told him MPF would probably be throwing a party, because we already KNEW that he is a scam...
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I, for one, enjoyed watching him squirm and back pedal. I'm also kind of glad women senators went after him - he definitely hawks his wares to a mostly female audience. What a tool.

0.jpg

Yes, the female audience can be gullible and vulnerable at times seeking a magic potion. I'm still a fan of Dr. Oz. If you listen with a filtered ear, Dr. Oz endorses health and improvement in the quality of life.

By the way, this photo is not the real Dr. Oz, it's his twin brother.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I had never heard of Dr Oz before I joined MFP - hes a doctor who claims to have weight loss miracle cures? Is he only in America?
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    bumping for grilling quacks!
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    About dang time. My mom was trying something that he pushed on his show (some "natural" supplement), and I'm just praying that it doesn't screw with her body chemistry too much.
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    omg BUMP BUMP BUMP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BUMP x 1 000 000!!!

FINALLY! Maybe people will stop and realize that not everything you hear on TV is true!

PS - it would have been wonderful to hear how many "miracle cures" oz has advertised to date, just for weight loss.

This made me laugh. hahahaha That was my reaction completely! Hopefully this will help me convince my mom to stop buying the s*** he promotes every week!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Now they need to take away is license and go after all these other tv doctors who push their quackery. Sadly med school is pumping out people like him by the ton, trained to make money at the cost of the patients, we're commodities to them that they have no financial interest in curing.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm reading so many posts about somebody's mom believing in what he says wholeheartedly. It's cracking me up because my mom is the SAME way, she's always coming at me about what Dr. Oz endorses. At one point she told me sushi is going to kill me because it breeds small worms that live in my stomach or something because Dr. Oz said so.

:laugh:
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options

His long-lost evil twin brother who just stole into Port Charles under cover of deepest, darkest night? Or is that the gentle artist twin brother who's been locked up in a Llanview attic for the last 20 years or so?
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Nice! In to watch later.
  • wendyking1979
    wendyking1979 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

His long-lost evil twin brother who just stole into Port Charles under cover of deepest, darkest night? Or is that the gentle artist twin brother who's been locked up in a Llanview attic for the last 20 years or so?

You're my new best friend.
  • TheLostMermaid
    Options
    Bump
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    He was on Rachael Ray about a month ago and was basically touting the eat less, move more and saying how there is no miracle cure. I thought but wait... doesn't he hawk a new miracle weightloss cure just about every month?
  • mscleo1115
    mscleo1115 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The biggest smile spread across my face when I first saw this hit the news, cannot stand the guy! My mom is always trying his crap for weight loss and still takes his word as gold and yeah...she's gained and lost the same 10 pounds over the last five years...shaking my head.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    His name is Dr. Oz. Did we not learn anything from Dorthy??!?!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I was hoping his fans would get their panties in a bunch and come inand defend him since those products worked for them.

I have popcorn ready and everything.