Hello from VA

Options
Hello everyone! Today is my first day on my fitness pal. A good friend of mine recommended it to me. I love it so far, but the reality of everything is a little depressing. Unfortunately, it is only 5:20 pm where I am and I only have a few calories left for the day and I am still hungry but I dont want to waste my calories. Any suggestions?

Replies

• newnurse06
    newnurse06 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find that drinking water and keeping myself busy gets my mind off wanting to eat.....good luck!!!!
  • o_brown1
    o_brown1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    IM from va also. I sometimes I do that also. Water or diet soda and keeping busy, it's hard but keep pushing!! soon your body will keep use to it :). Try fatfree yogurt or jello.:smile:
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many calories you have left but I would have popcorn, which fills me up and is low calorie and fat, with water or a 50 calorie orange juice. Good Luck!
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    One thing that might help is planning your meals for tomorrow tonight. I bring my breakfast and lunch to work and I eat basically the same things for both meals. I vary my dinner, and plan it ahead of time based on the number of kcal I have left for the day after my 2 meals and snacks.
    Good luck and don't get discouraged. You can do it. If you go over for today, learn from that and try to make better choices (maybe versions of the same food that are lower in calories) for tomorrow. Good luck. You CAN do this!
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    if you're hungry and you tried water and still hungry, perhaps a cup of tea with one or two of those british biscuits. Or, a big bowl of steamed veggies, that fills me up when I'm almost out of calories but hungry.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    *the british biscuits that are like 20 calories each, not the scones