Chlorella-Spirulina Anyone?

Options
Anyone taking these supplements? If so:

How did you find out about these supplements?
Which one are you taking?
How long have you been consumming them?
What are the benefits/side effects of you taking these supplements?

I've been taking Chlorella for almost a month now and it really has been doing my body good. I use the Kyoto Brand you can get from Swansons Vitamins. They recommend 15 tablets 3 x a day. Well I only up to 10 -12 per day, 5-6 each morning and late afternoon. I tried to do 20 and it gave me extreme bloating all day.

I've noticed it calms my nervous system down or should I say give it the proper nutrients it needs to not feel so haywire. My skin is glowing, my eyelashes are noticeably longer and more lush. My body has this clean fresh scent to it that I'm addicted to now. My perfume last a lot longer and I use less. My bowel movements are a breeze and it seem I'm eliminating so much more waste than before. I had already increase my water intake so I don't feel dried out or constipated.

Alot of family and co-workers are sick and I feel so protected from taking the chlorella. Last night I had a little couch from hanging around my sick sister all night. Before bed I took 2 chlorella tablets, 2 cod liver oil gelcaps and 3 mini oil of oregano pills and this morning I am clear and cough free!

I heard that chlorella and spirulina are a great combination so I'm on my second day of this combination. I purchased Healthy Origins- 100% Natural & Non-GMO Organic Spirilina. They recommend 3 tablets 2x a day. Yesterday was my first time taking them at that dosage. I think I had a little heartburn and uncomfortablility so today I will take 2 tablets 2 x a day.

I am really interested to know how these products are working out.

P.S. also I find myself at the end of the day physically tired sometimes. I read that now that my body is burning the right fuel it will take a toll on my enegry for a while. Also, my amenic systoms are no more. I'm actually warm all now! lol No cold feet or freezing cold hands. I am truly happy.

Replies

• LaLa_Ventura
    LaLa_Ventura Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Nobody taking these supplements?
  • tanyaj2014
    tanyaj2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ive bought rainforest foods spirulina tablets and started taking them today x
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    No, I take food.
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    No, I take food.

^^^^^^^ This ..... and THIS again :-)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Hoorah for placebos!
  • barneychavez
    barneychavez Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Is this post for real? Spirulina tabs are what I feed my fish sometimes.
  • Mom2max
    Mom2max Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use the Spirulina powder in my overnight oats and smoothies. I love it!
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It smells like ocean so I just can't.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I know the OP is ancient, but are people really taking 3 fistfuls a day of this stuff? What!?
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of pills. Also shouldn't you feel tired at the end of the day because you have been daying all day.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    The wikipedia article for Spirulina was pretty interesting. They are a complete protein. The color of the pills is also interesting. They look like high tech pods you would pop open and inside are military rations. I could see armies of the future, huddled up in their space trenches, sharing a pod and reminiscing about how they used to take vacations on Mars with the girlfriend, and then the Fire Nation attacked.

But yeah, apparently there's such thing as a pseudo-B12 vitamin?