21lbs to go, looking for support...

Options
bsl94
bsl94 Posts: 28 Member
Hiya, I'd really like some more friends on here to be able to give each other support and look at diaries for ideas.
I like the thought of high protein/low carb but haven't got much of a clue...I *think* I eat okay but perhaps too much fat (nuts/cheese mainly) and too much red meat?
I have a 3 year old and 7 month old...I went up to 19 stone 3lbs after having my first child. Got down to 13 stone (I am 5ft 11, large frame size 12/14 UK, happy with that). Currently at 14 stone 7lbs and want to drop this last 21lbs in a healthy way :)
Thanks in advance :) x

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    add me if you like too.
  • bsl94
    Options
    Awesome, thank you!
  • shaheedsorathia
    Options
    Hiya I'm restarting mfp again and this for the last time till I reach my goal...I'm looking to lose 38lb! We cud support each other. Sid
  • ericzanetti
    ericzanetti Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • bsl94
    Options
    Great, thanks guys!
  • bsl94
    Options
    Also, would love some general chat on here about how to lower body fat. Mine was 39% post 2nd baby...I was 16 stone 4lbs...down to 14 stone 7lbs and body fat still 36%...ideas to fit around 2 young children would be great.
  • MsChocolateOne
    MsChocolateOne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Adding you! :-)
  • MrFrodo
    MrFrodo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello:

We have the same weight loss goal - 21 pounds. Feel free to add me, I also need encouragement. Over last 3 yrs I have lost 50 pounds; and maintained that for 2 yrs, but in last 6 months I have gained 20 back.

Lowering body fat is my goal as well, as I totallly stopped working out 3 months ago and its time to start back up! I will focus on planning meals and snacks, logging all eaten foods in MFP, and staying away from processed, high sodium, high fat foods.
  • bsl94
    Options
    Ah, awesome - we definitely have the same goals :) will add you, thank you.
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I'd like to lose body fat without losing too much muscle. I am finding that last bit of weight difficult to get off.
  • bsl94
    Options
    Same here x any hints and tips shared greatly appreciated :)
  • Bretley_wayne
    Options
    feel free to add me (this goes for anyone else too)

mutual support is key.
  • wyldecane
    wyldecane Posts: 43
    Options
    Looking to lose 16 more here, feel free to add me!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I don't do low carb (tried it once, had terrible stomach issues), but I have 20 lbs left. I also have two small boys and a full time job, so I know about the juggling struggle! I got "dunked" and am trying to focus more on body fat reduction than weight, although I think my fitness routine is getting stale. Feel free to add me.
  • bsl94
    Options
    At great, really good to have some new pals on here :)
  • palewisteria
    Options
    You can add me! I'm restarting but I follow a keto-style diet with high fat/protein and low carbs. If you need ideas for low carbing, I can try helping you out. Good luck!!
  • bsl94
    Options
    Would love some ideas, thank you x
  • mgpearce4
    mgpearce4 Posts: 71
    Options
    You are welcome to add me any time. That goes out to anyone in this thread. I am about 30 pounds to go. It's tough, but I log daily and love to motivate!