WEIGHT LOOSE SURGERY

Options
Recently I decided on Gastric Bypass and before they consider me for the surgery I have to loose 33 pounds, I saw the nutritionist who gave me a food plan to follow in order to loose the weight I need to qualify for the surgery. I have been doing the diet for 3 days and your only allowed a real meal at dinner time. Now I just wanted to know if anyone has done this or is currently in the same boat as me I would appreciate some advice. I am allowed 2 protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, an mid-lunch snack of fruits and yogurt, dinner and a shake before bed. It's not so easy there are times I feel light headed and shakey but I want to loose the weight.

Replies

• KikiBerry
    KikiBerry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi! My mom was told she needed this surgery and was given that same diet plan. She soon figured out it was easier to just count the calories and measure the food versus the liquid diet. You can lose the weight without the surgery as so many others on this site have lost so much by following the methods.

I wish you success on your journey though, the surgery isn't easy at all.

Much Success and luck to you.
    -Kiki
  • SweetLove1988
    SweetLove1988 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming? Are you exercising any? How long do you have to lose 30 pounds and what is your starting weight?
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I could be completely wrong but follow me on this one. You're on this liquid/new diet for the surgery taht causes you to become lightheaded and shakey. This tells me that you're lowering your calorie intake for the first time in probably your entire life. This, in turn, tells me that you haven't tried to lose (correct spelling BTW) the weight before resorting to surgery. Again, correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like you're taking the easy way out of things rather then trying to accomplish your goals in a healthy manner. Don't get me wrong, I''m not opposed to the surgery if it's a last resort for people have tried everything else or have medical conditions that prevent weight loss, but going straight to the surgery without even trying other options is just insane. Again, correct me if I'm wrong. I think we need more information.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Anyone who thinks weight loss surgery is the easy way out is an uninformed person who doesn't know anything about weight loss surgery.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight and keep it off then invest some time in reading this link and implementing the techniques into your life:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You feel shaky and light headed because it's a low calorie diet - it's geared to be about 800 calories a day.

And you have to stick to the liquid part of it - the doctor is prepping you for surgery and getting you used to what you are going to be eating for the first several weeks afterwards.

I had WLS about 20 months ago. I had to do a two week special diet before surgery and so did everyone else I know who's had it.

Did they tell you that you could have an extra salad or more veggies if you needed them? Or another protein shake?

Unfortunately if you really want the surgery you will simply have to suck it up and deal with it. Might as well start getting used to the changes now because there are going to be a lot of dietary changes after surgery.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    "Loose" and "lose" I can just about understand, but "loss"??
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    "Loose" and "lose" I can just about understand, but "loss"??

ITA!
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Anyone who thinks weight loss surgery is the easy way out is an uninformed person who doesn't know anything about weight loss surgery.

I'm pretty sure that wls is a means to make it so your body is incapable of eating more than a certain number of calories. Its harder work to eat less through willpower than it is to have your insides changed to make it so you physically can't eat too much, right?

So yeah, its an easy way out. Its painful at first and causes vitamin deficiencies, hernias, "dumping syndrome," and many other hardships, so it's difficult to go through, but still cheating. Sorry.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I believe this, but isn't that a reason to try to avoid it if you can and lose through other means.