Ladies wanting to lose minimal weight but want to tone!

Options
Hi there! I'm a 25 year old female wanting to lose between 10-15 pounds but I'm more interested in toning, especially my tree trunk legs. Just wondering if there's anyone else out there in my poisition and what you're doing to help reach your goals!

Replies

• aprylfischer
    Options
    Interval training is the best way to burn maximum calories (shed fat) and ton your body at the same time. And thats awesome because the more muscle we have the more calories we burn when we are sitting at a computer or sleeping at night.
  • SamWTFx3
    Options
    I'm aiming for the same thing! I'm only 16, and I'm more interested in losing fat in my stomach and legs and butt.. But it sounds like we're the same with the whole toning thing. To help reach my goals, I'm --of course-- entering my food into my food diary and also using my elliptical trainer. It works so amazingly. You should search the benefits of one, and maybe consider buying one for yourself, or even going to a gym to use one. They're easy on joints, and good for your whole body, especially if you have the arm pumps connected..
    Hope I helped! :]
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    same position but 30. and ive never heard anybody call their legs tree trunks. id losing the 15 pounds at the same time, well 13, and im more interested in toning really. im on the treadmill but every night i do some exercises, like leg lifts and squats, anything like that seems to be helping. im happy with 5 squats, not very good at them. crunches standing up are good for me, the others hurt my back.
  • wendix
    wendix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    yep i'm the same. i've got a fairly low weight naturally (it's around 125lbs just now, i'm 5ft6) but high body fat and hoping to change that. i do the 30 day shred by jillian michaels and it's good. also walk a lot as well and use the gym/go swimming when i can :)
  • wandakusa
    wandakusa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had thunder thighs for years until last year I joined a bootcamp program that changed everything. My thigh size shrank dramatically and are no longer thick like they were. It was a combination of the interval training in bootcamp plus watching my diet that did the trick!
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    For me I'm watching what a eat, not REALLY closely, I'm still eating most things I like (carbs!) but I have cut out unhealthy choices. For excercing, every other day I run (intervals) with some lower body strength training. On the off day I will do Pilates, Yoga, Cardio DVD, etc. On Monday I start Zumba classes (so excited!!)
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I had thunder thighs for years until last year I joined a bootcamp program that changed everything. My thigh size shrank dramatically and are no longer thick like they were. It was a combination of the interval training in bootcamp plus watching my diet that did the trick!

Maybe that's what I need! Bootcamp.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat as you a year ago. Needed to loose 10-15 lbs and tone. I used a cross between Tamilee Webb and Jillian Michaels videos and have transformed myself. Of course diet helps too. I had to make some adjustments to my diet to get the last 10 lbs off to really see what I had under there. Lots of squats, lunges, pushups and planks.
    Find something that you enjoy, yet is challenging enough to give you super results.