lose skin

Options
rausharvey
rausharvey Posts: 59 Member
Hi guys. I don't know if this is in the right place, but for everyone who has lost a lot of weight, how did the skin go?

I'm particularly nervous about my arms. They're realllly fat and I don't know if they'll bounce back.

Replies

• tracy_getsfit
    tracy_getsfit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am almost at 150 pound lost. I have done this in under a year with working out and clean eating. I have lose skin. But it is nothing that I worry about. I lift now and do weights and understand that it is just part of the process. I would probably be at my goal weight without the skin. But it is a badge of honor to me. I see it changing as I am doing more weights. Arms are hard keep lifting and working on it. It will come in time. Like I have always told people. I would rather be healthy with flabby arms then unhealthy with flabby arms.
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    There's already another active topic here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1320856-success-and-loose-skin-worried

Best of luck to you!

Mark
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    do you need to lose "a lot" of weight? i've lost just over 70 pounds so far, and yes - i have loose skin. but there are only 2 options:

1. stay very overweight with all the related health problems, clothing not fitting, etc, but have tight skin
    or
    2. lose weight and feel much better and look better in clothes but have loose skin.

those being my only options, i chose 2. some of the extra skin will go away with time, btw.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy. I have loss over 100 lbs. I have a bit on my arms and inner thighs but building muscles helps. No, you will not look like she-hulk. I agree with the other poster, I only had 2 options, stay fat or lose the weight.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    If you are young there is hope for you. I got really really fat when I was 36 and lost the weight fast-- over 80 pounds, and had no loose skin. It snapped back. Unfortunately, after menopause, skin becomes thin and loses elasticity. I went on a diet and lost 27 pounds because menopause redistributed my "normal" weight to where I suddenly had a fat waist. And I ended up with alarming wrinkled upper arms, seersucker puckering on my midsection, and worst of all the butt wrinkles. So I gained some weight, hoping my skin had shrunk enough to smooth out the wrinkles. And it worked on my arms but not my butt. So I plan to lose some weight and see what happens to my arms this time. Good luck to you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!