1 month success stories..Please..

Options
tschram12
tschram12 Posts: 28 Member
Hi everyone I am new to the site. I have been doing this for almost a week now. One thing that inspires me is seeing all the success stories. I have decided siince I am being medically supervised Im not going to weigh myself until Feb 3rd. I am nervous about the 1 month loss. What Im most scared of is going in and only seeing a 5 lb weight loss. I was 220 my first day, and being 5"4.I have alot of weight to lose. I am getting mixed reviews when I do my diary totals and that is a little frustrating.

I would love to hear what your 1 month totals were, how much did you lose in the first month?

Replies

• purplespeckle
    Options
    i'm not to my one month yet. i've been doing this since jan 1 and i've lost 3.6 lbs :) my goal is 5 lbs for the month though
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am right at 1 month. I followed the MFP calorie limits every day except Christmas day. You can see on my ticker how that has worked for me.
  • mml61104
    Options
    I am a woman, started at 225, and lost 15 lbs my first month. Typically, you have big results the first month and men generally lose weight quicker than females. I didn't join MFP until 3 months after I started my weight loss journey. Good luck! And don't get bogged down by the scale, take a before shot and then a 1 month shot, you WILL see a difference!
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl,
    So here is the thing, I started at 230, and only lost 5 pounds in the first 4 weeks. About 1 pound a week. Then as things got rolling and I was eating properly, exercising properly, i would sometimes lose 3 pounds in a week! It is possible, and you can for sure do this! Don't get discouraged if you dont see big numbers the first month. My trainer told me that I didn't see big numbers because i was building muscle back, and I was sore pretty often which meant that i was probably also retaining water. The second month, i lost almost 10 pounds, then it backed down a bit to an average of 1 pound a week since. I am down 35 pounds now and still trucking along.

Hang in there. Any loss is good loss!
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" too and started at about 227 lbs. My first month was awesome - I lost well over 15 lbs. But I also jumped from no exercise (beyond some cycling) into going to the gym 5 days a week with long walks on the treadmill, exhausting stretches on the elliptical, and weight training. It's slowing down now, clearly, especially since my base calories aren't particularly low (intentionally!).

It really depends. Maybe you need a while to figure out the counting thing and start over-counting, over-estimating workout calories (if you eat them) etc. If you're already quite active, you may lose less. It doesn't matter too much in the long run, even though of course seeing immediate results is great. So don't be disappointed. Calorie counting works -- it will for you.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" too and started at about 227 lbs. My first month was awesome - I lost well over 15 lbs. But I also jumped from no exercise (beyond some cycling) into going to the gym 5 days a week with long walks on the treadmill, exhausting stretches on the elliptical, and weight training. It's slowing down now, clearly, especially since my base calories aren't particularly low (intentionally!).

It really depends. Maybe you need a while to figure out the counting thing and start over-counting, over-estimating workout calories (if you eat them) etc. If you're already quite active, you may lose less. It doesn't matter too much in the long run, even though of course seeing immediate results is great. So don't be disappointed. Calorie counting works -- it will for you.
  • tschram12
    tschram12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much. I love reading the succsess stories. It helps me to look at the big picture and realize I did not put this weight on overnight, and it will take time to get it off.

On another note with me being new I would love to get more friends for the support system. If you would like to add me please do.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    like 10 pounds. don't worry about it! I never see on the scale what I think I ought to, it is what it is. Sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less, but seldom what I think it'll be. one thing I know for sure: it works, just stick with your weight loss plan and get a maintenance plan in mind for once the weight is off.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    10 lbs, but i was naughty lol
  • I'm at 13.4 right now since I weighed on Dec 26th
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!