Question for the younger folks

Options
2»

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    For things like wedding/shower gifts and interviews, thank you cards are still very much appropriate.
  • MFPMol
    MFPMol Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I still send them. I'm 25.

Your ticker is awesome. I could go for some pie and lattes!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    And you don't sound like a crabby old woman at all :laugh:

No she doesn't, she sounds like a polite and thoughtful lady (old or young).
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    No one invites wedding guests via Facebook...so no bride/groom should thank on Facebook either.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Nope, I believe thank you cards are required, and are even more appreciated in this day and age. When was last last time you got something besides junk and bills in the mail?
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    Thank you cards for formal gifts (showers, weddings, large birthday parties, etc) are a must. For me, the line blurs when it's a close friend and I can call to say thank you, or say thank you in person. I also do thank you notes for dinner parties and other similar events.

When I was looking for a job after college I also sent handwritten thank-you notes after interviews. It definitely made a good impression, and several of the places I received offers from mentioned that it was a nice touch!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    These days everything is a lost art from thank you notes to writing letters. It's why schools are phasing out cursive. Everyone thinks online is the only way to do things. I was always taught to hand write stuff and i'm going to make sure that my kids do too.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think so. Technology is the way forward, I'm afraid.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm relieved to know I'm not old fashioned or crabby, LOL (I'm 37)! I wanted to make sure that was still the norm. Obviously, gifts aren't sent for the purpose of receiving a thank you, but the only reason I even know they got the package is because they cashed the check. At first I thought "busy" and then I thought "rude". But, trying to give them the benefit of the doubt I thought maybe that's just how things are done now.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I'm 25. Still send them.
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    TY cards are a must for a wedding, showers and graduation gifts. I'm lax on birthday gifts, as the giver is usually there when the gift is opened and so a personal thank you is given on the spot. When the grandparents across the country send a gift, I make my kids send them a TY post card.
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options
    No mam, Dear Abby and family taught me social etiquette and I find it irritating when people do thing's like that on FB or a generic photo copy thank you letter, or even having the nerve to request PRE addressed envelopes etc. The next gift received would be an etiquette booklet =)
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Thank you cards are the dumbest thing ever. I don't want to send them and i don't want to receive them. When I give someone a gift i tell them not to send me a thank you card. Why would I want it. I don't care if they are thankful for the gift i gave them. I gave it to them because i wanted them to have it because it was something they either wanted or needed. keep your thank you cards save the lame a s s environment and move on.