Replies

• soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    awesome, ^5
  • pippadeedippity
    pippadeedippity Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just did my first 5K yesterday too! It was an amazing feeling to actually complete it and RUN the whole thing! At the end, I asked my husband if they gave out medals and he thought I was crazy! I felt like I deserved one for completing my first ever 5K! Glad to see you received a very cool one! Great work! Keep it up! I'm already looking to find my next one!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Awesome...welcome to the club...keep at it, you dun good!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :drinker:
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Great job! but what 5K gave you medals? I run a bunch of 5Ks and never get a medal! T-shirts, yes, ribbons, sometimes, but medals? never! I think I have medal envy.

Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • pippadeedippity
    pippadeedippity Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great job! but what 5K gave you medals? I run a bunch of 5Ks and never get a medal! T-shirts, yes, ribbons, sometimes, but medals? never! I think I have medal envy.

I know! I wish I got a medal for my 5K on Sunday!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're time is excellent. Well done.

That's a great medal, too.
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great job. I ran my first 5K on Saturday and plan to run at least 1 a month. I think I might be getting a medal because I was third in my division M 40-44
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am working towards my first 5k, well done!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! My first 5k time (July 2013) was about the same and just this past Saturday I ran a 5k in under 40 minutes! I'm so jealous you got a medal for a 5k!
  • chocolatexxmintt
    chocolatexxmintt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Congratulations! :D Time improves with practise!
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options

I know! I wish I got a medal for my 5K on Sunday!

For anyone interested in getting a medal, but no t-shirt, A Better World Running is conducting a virtual race. This organization usually contacts weekly local races throughout SoCal where everyone gets medals for finishing but no T-shirt.

For the virtual race, you run anywhere and at anytime for your own performance. I guess we all can do that whenever we want but for $15, you will get a bib, a medal, and your result posted on their website. Profile pic is the medal I got for the Father's Day 10K.

Personally my training times are worse than when I run with a crowd, so I wouldn't do because I can run with the group at any of their other events. I saw some replies mentioning that getting a medal is kind of cool, so here's your chance.

http://www.abetterworldrunning.com/#!june-jamboree-virtual/chcu
  • dispatcher939
    dispatcher939 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congrats and sweet medal!
  • Granada88
    Granada88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    OUTSTANDING!
  • ZhaoWei76
    ZhaoWei76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Congrats!! That takes some dedication and determination... Great job!
  • txbandman
    txbandman Posts: 78
    Options
    Congratulations! You probably have "the bug" now - hopefully this will be the first of many! And really cool medals!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you upthread that just finished your first 5k. I hope you feel as satisfied as I did when I finished a 5k for the first time (back on Sept '13).
  • GameGirl777
    GameGirl777 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Beautiful medal. Keep up the great work!

I remember my first 5k. They can be addicting! I signed up for 6 this year :wink:
  • stephanie2029
    stephanie2029 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome!!! I am running my first on the 28th of June!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!