Question about maintaining...

I had a goal weight of losing 71 pounds.. I have hit the 70 pound mark and am looking to start maintaining... I am sure this is a repeat thread and for that I apologize..but how do you exactly maintain? Is it just eating your recommended daily intake of 1200-1500 calories..or is it eating back half or all of your exercise calories as well?For example, MFP has my caloric intake today (with exercise calories) at 1680.. do you need to hit that many calories? I am just not sure how to go about staying where I am without losing or gaining.. Thanks

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    I had a goal weight of losing 71 pounds.. I have hit the 70 pound mark and am looking to start maintaining... I am sure this is a repeat thread and for that I apologize..but how do you exactly maintain? Is it just eating your recommended daily intake of 1200-1500 calories..or is it eating back half or all of your exercise calories as well?For example, MFP has my caloric intake today (with exercise calories) at 1680.. do you need to hit that many calories? I am just not sure how to go about staying where I am without losing or gaining.. Thanks

MFP actually as a separate forum for people working to maintain their weight. Your question might be better answered over there.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Set MFP for a "0 lb/week weight loss" then eat how many calories it says. It is no different than following MFP when you have it set to lose 1 lb/week. However, you will probably need to find your own sweet spot of what works for you. It took me a few weeks to fall into the groove of maintenance where I found the right calorie amount to keep my weight steady. Congratulations and good luck!
  • Ty for the replies.. My bad for putting this in the wrong spot :(