I really, really need some help.

Options
2»

Replies

• Gummi3b34r
    Gummi3b34r Posts: 13
    Options
    Do you log, weigh/measure your food intake daily to know for certain you eat 700-1000 calories?

AND I am not advocating 700-1000 calorie diets.

You are probably eating more than you think.

Yes, I do log.
  • Gummi3b34r
    Options
    . Like today, I ate two cans of pineapple, and some cheesecake (Home made) and I feel like I am going to be sick from eating it...

I'd feel sick too if all I ate during the day was cans of pineapple and cheesecake. Have you considered eating like actual meals?

Well, I tried to eat actual meals one day. My husband insisted I follow his order. It felt like it just sat on my stomach. I ended up puking all of it up. My stomach hurt so bad I was crying.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    why are you drinking muscle milk??
  • Gummi3b34r
    Options
    This is my results from the blood tests...

HEMOGLOBIN A1C 5.0
    EST. AVG GLUCOSE, A1C 97

GROWTH HORMONE 0.04
    ESTRONE 48
    ESTRADIOL 71
    ACTH 37
    LUTEINIZING HORMONE 2.3
    PROLACTIN 16.9
    TESTOSTERONE 20.1
    FSH 1.3
    TSH 2.14
    T4 FREE 0.93

SODIUM 139
    POTASSIUM 4.0
    CHLORIDE 105
    CO2 23
    CALCIUM 8.6
    BUN 12
    CREATININE 0.80
    GLUCOSE 78
    TOTAL PROTEIN 6.6
    ALBUMIN 3.7
    BILIRUBIN TOTAL 1.0
    ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 66
    AST 10
    ALT 16
  • Gummi3b34r
    Options
    why are you drinking muscle milk??

I just started, and I am doing it for protein. I do not get enough of it apparently...
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    If you can't eat a regular meal without puking, your body is completely out of whack. I think you need to talk to a nutritionist, stat. It sounds like you may have shot your metabolism and there is no way you are getting enough protein and fat with your current diet. That's important for more than just losing weight.

A professional dietician who deals with eating disorders should be able to help you develop an eating plan that slowly reintroduces whole, healthy meals to your life so that you can get your body back on track.
  • Gummi3b34r
    Options
    If you can't eat a regular meal without puking, your body is completely out of whack. I think you need to talk to a nutritionist, stat. It sounds like you may have shot your metabolism and there is no way you are getting enough protein and fat with your current diet. That's important for more than just losing weight.

A professional dietician who deals with eating disorders should be able to help you develop an eating plan that slowly reintroduces whole, healthy meals to your life so that you can get your body back on track.

I will definitley schedule an appointment when I can with a nutritionist. Hopefully , someone will listen :(
  • Gummi3b34r
    Options
    like today. My fitness pal says i should consume 1550 calories a day.... I have 704 left....
  • monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Education is key and your most powerful weapon. Do some research on taking a healthier approach and changing your lifestyle. Dont consider it dieting, consider it insurance for the future.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I have brought it up to them. They just don't believe me, even with me bringing other people who whitness what I do. I rarley take in over 700-1000 calories a day.
    [/quote]

This is the crux of your problem. 700-1000 calories a day is not enough to even give your body what it needs to survive. Try upping your calories to at least 1200-1400 per day. You may gain a few pounds to start...but you'll soon start losing weight the healthy way.

And, make sure that you are getting enough protein, which I know is difficult with a vegan diet...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Until you meet with a nutritionist, I would start eating more calorie dense foods; nuts, avocado, ice cream, protein bars, adding cheese to items, greek yogurt (get the full fat ones)
  • easeintofitness
    Options
    In terms of adrenal issue (Cushing's), it looks like your ACTH levels are within normal limits (about 80% of Cushing's patients have elevated ACTH). However, maybe your physician can perform a low-dose dexamethasone suppression test (DST) to establish if there are high cortisol levels. Other tests would be: To take your cortisol levels at different times of the day (midnight, late-night saliva, 24-hr urinary free cortisol). Overall most of your levels are within normal limits, and those outside of normal limits are not severely outside (and may even be within levels for the facility where you were tested). However, I am not a physician, and nothing in this post should be construed as me trying to manage your medical care or practice as your physician. I am only trying to help give you information, which you should validate as factual only by consult with your physician, and I have done this post quickly so compare it with your research. Please, make an appointment with a physician's office or call your insurance company to determine if you can get an appointment with an endocrinologist without a referral. I have heard that the Affordable Care Act has changed some of the ways referrals are conducted now (someone told me they didn't need a referral to see a physician that you normally need a referral for). However, I am unsure how true that is because it is based on the experience of a friend. Below I have listed my calculations that you should compare with your own research. Great resources include MedlinePlus.

A good sign is that your blood glucose is within normal limits (normal A1C).

Thyroid:
    TSH = normal
    Free T4 = normal

Electrolytes:
    Sodium = Normal
    Potassium = Normal
    Chloride = Within Range (higher end)
    Calcium = (corrected Calcium) Normal

Hormones:
    FSH = normal levels for a woman still menstruating is 4.7-21.5 mIU/mL, but normal values vary. Low FSH can mean you had recent weight loss, you are not ovulating, pituitary or hypothalamus not producing normal amounts, or pregnancy
    Testosterone = normal for female
    Prolactin = normal for non-pregnant female
    LH = a little low, but unrelated (normal = 5-25 IU/L but ranges vary depending on facility so you could be in range at your physician's office)
    Estradiol = normal for a pre-menopausal woman
    Estrone = normal for pre-menopausal woman
    GH = a little lower (can be a sign of decreased pituitary function, but can be normal if your body is going through the end of a "pulse"; numbers vary depending on facility)
  • crfeen
    crfeen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    For you, it sounds like right now its more important to learn to have a healthy relationship with food before you focus too much on losing weight. Try to eat 3 healthy, balanced meals. Its actually very hard to over eat if you are eating the right things. Then in 2 months if you still want to lose weight, talk to your doctor about how you can do it. This sounds like something bigger that an intake/output issue.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    . Like today, I ate two cans of pineapple, and some cheesecake (Home made) and I feel like I am going to be sick from eating it...

I'd feel sick too if all I ate during the day was cans of pineapple and cheesecake. Have you considered eating like actual meals?

Well, I tried to eat actual meals one day. My husband insisted I follow his order. It felt like it just sat on my stomach. I ended up puking all of it up. My stomach hurt so bad I was crying.

I think other folks are on to something when they say you need to see a better doctor about this.

I'd also say you should see a psychiatrist as well. Have a full physical and mental workup done. If you're doing that when you eat normal food, there might be more than just physical issues, and it would make sense that you have a different approach to food than others.