Thermogenics

Options
Hey all!! So my friend is the queen of crazy diets. She's been on the 500 calorie a day HCG diet for a while now, and hates it (No surprise!) So she's switching to something called Thermogenics. This one, I haven't heard of, and I was curious to know what it is. Like the first week of any crazy diet, she's still swearing by it and says the pounds are just melting off. Time will tell if it's water weight or not, but has anyone else heard of this? What is it? It can't possibly be more dangerous than pregnancy hormone injections and self starvation, can it?

Replies

• mikaselm
    Options
    Update: I found a thermogenics category on the GNC website. It's things like Hydroxycut and Quicktrim. There was no adequate explanation on the site for what they actually do, but they are certainly pricey.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    They are very pricey! Pretty much all they do is suppress your appetite and give you energy. The energy is equivalent to drinking a few cups of coffee. A lot of the time weight that is lost will pile back on when you're finished taking them.
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is not losing weight naturally. Caffeine and chemicals to make you lose weight is not healthy! He/She may be melting off the lbs, but the first few months she stops taking it, she will be as big again!
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    LEAN Fat Burn 2 - Expenditure

Promotional Offer!

Pricing is limited to quantity on hand. No other promotions apply.

Products in this category are considered thermogenic or energy wasting.

Thermogenic refers to a category of compounds that are heat-producing or fat-burning. Taking a thermogenic agent can speed up the metabolism, raise core body temperature, and accelerate calorie expenditure.

Accelerated Fat Loss & Enhanced Calorie Burn for All Body Types.*

Enhanced Ingredients

Biotin required by the body to produce energy from carbohydrates and fats (including Pyruvate Carboxylase, & Acetyl-CoA).

Guggulsterones, Iodine & Copper may have thyroid stimulating activity boosting basal metabolic rate.

Best suited for:

* Anyone seeking to enhance body-fat reduction without affecting the central nervous system (CNS).
    * Females with less than 30% body fat and males with less than 20%.
  • mikaselm
    Options
    So it's a caffeine / fiber pill? Well, at least it's not injections and 500 cal per day.
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    Taking any kind of pill to lose weight doesn't last and is not healthy.

Eating the right goods and exercise is the healthy way and will keep it off a lot longer.
  • mikaselm
    Options
    It raises your core body temperature?!?!?!?!?! That sounds really risky. All I can think of now is old "House" episodes where they've got the poor overheating patient in the bathtub full of ice!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Taking any kind of pill to lose weight doesn't last and is not healthy.

Eating the right goods and exercise is the healthy way and will keep it off a lot longer.
    Got proof or is that just an opinion? I have no problems with "taking a pill" and my last check up was just fine. I will have no problem keeping the weight off also.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    its basically just caffine and also placebo effect...it works, i know because i have used them (zantrex 3) but its not magic, it just gives you some energy and make you a little less hungry (it made me thirsty so i think that, and that im super guillible is why i wasnt so hungry lol)