5 Weeks of Bodyweight Training Progress (NSV pics)

Options
williams969
williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
Wow! I am so thankful I took the advice of members here and took before pics. I started my weight loss on May 1st with minimal exercise and a stupidly low 1000-1200 cal/day "diet". Gave that up right quick once I found MFP and read, and read, and read...Found my TDEE and an exercise program that would give me the results I want (running and YAYOG--nice and simple, and stuff I like).

Seriously, I didn't think I'd EVER be one to put up pictures of myself in such "disrobe" on the internet. Whelp, here I am, unashamed:

Height: 5' 6"/168cm
HW: 161lbs
SW: 157lbs
CW: 149.8lbs
GW: ??? Doesn't matter--140 maybe? Scale doesn't matter to me, now that I know what strength and muscle will do for me

May 1:
e507439d4f4ecf3c00060aa8d8842733942b.jpge507a04ab346032ed8dc90ea234acdbf81db.jpg

June 18:
e507d16dab2ada9007b6e194538bf42f518f.jpge507fbad04acc123aaa3c8796af09f6b7b05.jpg

I hope someone can be inspired and motivated even a fraction of what so many of you have given me so far!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• chadwick175
    chadwick175 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Looking good. Great job
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great start - those abs are coming right along! Keep up the good work!
  • mbrou28
    mbrou28 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great job! Looks like you put in a lot of hard work!!
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! Question for you, how often are you running/YAYOG? I have been running and thinking of adding in YAYOG as well.
  • queend4580
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • williams969
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone! :flowerforyou: It IS hard work, but takes less time than I thought it would. 40-50 minutes every morning before the kids and hubby wake up 5 days a week. Plus running/jogging when I feel like it (which is usually most days)--my kids love to go out on the park trails by our house and make me "chase" them while they're biking (that's my sprint interval/HIIT cardio, lol)!

And even though it's hard work, I find it "easier" for me to eat just under maintenance to fuel my workouts than over-restricting my calories and feeling so drained (oh, and HANGRY--no more hangry for me. Ever).
  • stephanieharms1290
    stephanieharms1290 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! YOu look great!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look terrific!
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Dumb question probably but what is YAYOG? What kinds of strength training do you do? You look amazing! I have just started using a total gym and would love to have your results after 5 weeks! I have lost a lot of weight and really want to tone up now.
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look really good.
  • williams969
    Options
    Congrats on your success! Question for you, how often are you running/YAYOG? I have been running and thinking of adding in YAYOG as well.

I use the YAYOG app. It's set up as 4 or 5 days per week. I've been just sticking to that (warmup/workout/cooldown only takes 40-50 minutes).

I jog about 3 miles at a crack (give or take), usually 4 days a week. If I'm not running, like severe weather days, I'll do some type of HIIT cardio or just jump rope for 20-30 minutes.

I guess my cardio is a mix of steady-state and HIIT. I don't have a strict regimen for it--my body doesn't seem to care. And, I'm totally enthralled with bodyweight training, so any progressive running gains have fallen out of favor for me as of now, lol. As long as I'm burning and moving, my body is happy. Once I get back in a gym, I will start a serious heavy lifting program, and probably decrease the cardio to 2-3 days a week. I'll see how I feel when I get there.
  • Sha1911
    Sha1911 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Keep at it, and you'll reach your goal in no time!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, you look incredible! So how many cals are do you eat?
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply :flowerforyou:
  • williams969
    Options
    Dumb question probably but what is YAYOG? What kinds of strength training do you do? You look amazing! I have just started using a total gym and would love to have your results after 5 weeks! I have lost a lot of weight and really want to tone up now.

Oh, I have a Total Gym, too! I use it once in a while for a circuit training workout, but mostly I'll use it for incline situps or pull ups and pressups. Until I get more weight on it (mine came with a weight bar to add resistance), it's more of a resistance/cardio machine for me. Even though I was heavy in my "before", I was always using the Total Gym (well, not as much as I should have), so I think I went in to this with a lot of strength "hidden" underneath the fat facade :laugh: .

YAYOG is "You Are Your Own Gym." It's a book and DVD's and there's an app. It's strength training using bodyweight only. It's great for those of us with no ability to get to a gym. You can do it at home or at the park, or wherever. Google MarkLauren.com, he's the author and designer of the program.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!! BUMP BUMP BUMP
  • d0v3r13
    d0v3r13 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! you are doing fantastic :smile: 5 weeks can do so much good!
  • carlyjaner
    carlyjaner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Your doing amazing, you look so good :) congratulations
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Nice progress :wink:
  • williams969
    Options
    Amazing job, you look incredible! So how many cals are do you eat?

1550 cal/day average at the moment, but I'm increasing by 100 every week until I reach maintenance (so I *know* what it is), since I'm working up from an awful past relationship with disordered eating (crazy binge/restricting cycles).

ETA: Oh, and for the curious (or judgy McJudgertons, lol) my diary is open. It's not exciting, just suburban mom eatin'. No supplements (unless Slim Fast shakes in lieu of chocolate treats count).

My target macros are @1640cals--- 205C/46F/105P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!