Need some healthy breakfast and lunch ideas

Options
Hi,
Can anyone suggest some simple healthy breakfast and lunch ideas? Thanks.

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you define "healthy."

Rigger
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with yogurt and berries
    oatmeal with peanut butter
    eggs with cheese, salsa, tortilla wrap or wheat toast
    eggs with bacon
    toast with peanut butter
    greek yogurt with peanut butter, banana and honey
    greek yogurt with nuts, berries, honey
    eggs with avocado

avocado, chicken on lettuce
    tuna wrap
    salad with hard boiled eggs, turkey, cheese
    hamburger and salad
    boca burger with avocado
    chicken and veggies
    turkey, bacon salad

what's your definition of healthy and simple?

there are a million food options out there.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually do a protein/meal replacement shake. It's easy and also starts me off with water. (GNC Total Lean 25 is the brand I use, 25g protein, 8 g fiber).

Other options when I have more time:

Kashi Berry Fruitful cereal with skim milk and a 1/2 to 1 cup of fresh fruit thrown on top, usually blueberries of black berries.
    Jimmy Dean Delights (turkey sausage flatbread is pretty good)

For lunch I usually just grab several different things to take with me and eat what's appealing, examples:

roast beef on a sandwich thin
    string cheese
    greek yogurt
    fresh fruit
    unsweetened apple sauce
    carrot sticks
    leftover steamed veggies from the night before
    thinly sliced leftover steak
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Guess I should have defined my thinking on healthy...I'm thinking mostly low fat. I always seem to go over my fat calories. :cry:
  • ZBuffBod
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions...appreciate it!
  • ZBuffBod
    Options
    Thank you!
  • emmooney235
    emmooney235 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have the almost the same thing for breakfast and lunch, but I do change up the flavors so it won't get too boring.

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs (I hard boil 12 during the weekend so they are ready to go), 1 bagel thin (bounce between the everything and the hole wheat kinds), 1- 1 1/2 tablespoons of cream cheese (Philly and full fat, change up the flavors), and an 8oz. serving of either Bolthouse Berry Blend Smoothy or their Green Goodness.

I eat around 6:45 - 7 am and rarely get hungry before 11:30.

Lunch: 3 cups of a salad blend (bagged mixes with veggies), 1/4 cup of shredded cheese (again variety is key), 1 tuna creation packets (so many yummy flavors!!!!), a drizzle of dressing (whatever bottle I grab at the time)

I try to pack a medium to large granny smith apple for my afternoon snack.

I never know what I'm eating for dinner till it happens, oh the joys of living with my parents while getting back on our feet. My Mom is following Weight Watchers and we have all really enjoyed their cookbooks. Our critiques are usually about adding more herbs/spices, they can be a bit bland.
  • skinny0000
    skinny0000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I like scrambled egg (one yolk, one cup or so whites) on whole wheat toast, no butter, maybe a piece of fruit.
  • jeffmitchell
    jeffmitchell Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I usually eat A tuna sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes for lunch!!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    here's a few things i like to eat for breakfast or lunch

9 TB egg beaters (fat free, 15 grams protein) with 3 ounces frozen no-fat added hashbrowns baked cooked without oil plus broccoli.

1/3 cup quaker or bob's red mill oats with half a pure protein drink instead of water or milk plus 1 TB light sour cream, which adds richness but few calories.

1 cup erewhon unsweetened corn flakes or unsweetened brown rice cereal plus 1 cup of non-fat milk and maybe a little xylitol.

2 ounces fage 0% yogurt mixed with 1 ounce of avocado, lots of dill and pepper and 1 tsp paul newman's light italian. 1 serving baked tortilla chips or 3/4 serving garden of eatin organic blue corn chips. i usually have 1/4 protein drink or cup of vanilla soy milk with this or just 2 more ounces of yogurt.

2 slices of udi's gluten free sandwich bread (i'm allergic to wheat) plus 1 slice sargento reduced fat swiss plus mustard.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Lately for breakfast I eat a whole wheat pita with one fried egg, one strip of chicken bacon, some spinach, and a tbsp of salsa. Then some fruit on the side. Pretty much every single day.

Lunches are leftovers of stuff I made and portioned out for recent dinners (fast and easy), with a couple snacks (a yogurt, some baby carrots in salsa, apple slices, a granola bar...). I like my lunches to have a lot of variety. It makes me feel a lot more satisfied in the middle of my day.

Between the two, I use up 700-800 calories most days.
  • rin_fitness
    Options
    I do 1 Cup of Kellogg's Vector cereal. It has alot of nutrients and good protein. Instead of milk, I use vanilla almond milk. To mix it up I sometimes add cinnamon.

If you know it may be awhile until lunch, have a yoplait source greek yogurt (50 calories) and/or a banana.

It's a great start to the day.
  • ZBuffBod
    Options
    Thanks everyone! These are some awesome suggestions!

I know that I could scour the web and find suggested breakfast/lunch items but I wanted to see what works for this community. I have started a list from which I will create my weekly menus. Thanks again!

Severine
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on a plain greek yogurt with fruit, almonds, and granola kick.
  • NotASoul
    NotASoul Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Porridge with water instead of milk is excellent as a low calorie breakfast. Greek yoghurt with honey and seeds or granola is also good, but can be less filling. For lunch, omelettes are good, especially with vegetables added, also soup and salad - with salad it's usually a good idea to include avocado or egg or cheese or some such to make it more filling so that you snack less in the afternoon.