Hello from far to the north

Options
Hello guys,

Well... My name is Pierre. I tried to start a profile on MFP one year ago, but I wasn't really successful... Spending all this time to track my calories was (I thought) complex... But with the Android app, it's getting much easier. I'm confident that this time will be the good one! I want to lose 20lbs by June.

I do think being careful with what I eat everyday will help me, but actually, my problem is not fastfood. In fact, I eat pretty well I think... My problem is just I eat too much! :smile: 1 serving isn't enough... I need 2 or 3... If I change this habit, I think I can be healthier, and start to live my life in a new way.

I plan on using my treadmill once a day, 30 minutes, which is really the only thing I can handle with work and 2 childs (5 months and 2 and half years) right now....No! It's not an excuse! :smile: I think it's better to start with something realistic. I just hope it'll be enough reach my goal...

By the way, I'm french, so sorry if there's any mistake! :) Thanks for reading, and good luck to everyone on MFP!

Replies

• mscallieco
    Options
    Hello there and welcome. I just started a few days ago and the diary tracker is just what I need to keep me on track. Not much different than what I did on WW and actually gets easier the more you get used to it. I am in sunny Florida which I think is the only place without cold or snow at this time. I know with all the support here you will be successful this time.

mscallieco
  • megannoonan
    Options
    Welcome!

I think portions is something a lot of people have a hard time with, you'll notice after a while of sticking to smaller portions you will fill fuller sooner. It's been just over a year for me of eating small portions, I still eat what ever I want, just very little of it. I find I get full very quickly now and even over the holidays I couldn't eat all the goodies I was used to. My grandmother was slightly insulted when I didn't clear my plate, as if I suddenly disliked her cooking which would be impossible at best.

Good luck on your journey, 30 minutes on a treadmill sounds reasonable you can push yourself pretty good on one of those.
  • MillerLB83
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Bon courage!