Protein powder scoop size

Options
kwownow
kwownow Posts: 43 Member
Just got my order of ON gold standard double rich chocolate whey protein. Directions say use one rounded scoop. No scoop included so how much is a scoop? Also it's 120 calories so I'm thinking of using half and still get 12 g of protein.
If u can tell me what a scoop means I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    a scoop is however many grams it says on the serving size.

im willing to bet a scoop did come with it but its just buried in the powder. try taking a knife or fork and stab around to try and feel for it
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Do you have a food scale? If so, weigh out the gram amount listed on the serving size.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I would use a food scale. Before I do resistance training, I technically take a 1/3 of a scoop of powder (for 10g of protein in the case of my brand). It's nowhere near an actual 1/3 of a scoop when I weigh out the 14g. I was just thinking this morning that it's no wonder that packages don't actually last as many servings as labels say when you don't weigh!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

im willing to bet a scoop did come with it but its just buried in the powder. try taking a knife or fork and stab around to try and feel for it

This. Dig around you'll find the scoop. Or use a scale since you're wanting to use 1/2 a scoop.
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have the scoop; I still use a scale. As soon as the packaging says "Use a rounded scoop" I'm hauling the scale up the counter.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

This. Dig around you'll find the scoop. Or use a scale since you're wanting to use 1/2 a scoop.

this. mine's usually 1/4 of the way down- but I ordered mine this time- and that ***** was all the way at the bottom of the thing- I save my previous scoop and use it to either dig- or just use it till I get to the other one.

either way- one scoop level scoop is my 29 grams give or take and one serving size is 29 grams- not sure what adjective they described the scoop to be... but since I used my scale and I know what it's supposed to be- I mostly use the scoop- but if you want to get really fussy- just use the scale.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I just use my scale. I pour mine into a jar on my counter (It's cute. Clear glass, has a chalkboard on the front to lable it and a holder for chalk and a holder for the cute little black scoop that came with it.) and never use the actual scoop.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    When you do find the scoop it's worth weighing how much powder you actually get in it - often they are generic liquid measuring scoops and a "25g scoop" (or whatever) may well actually be out by quite a bit.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

this is exactly my answer.

i once was convinced i got one with out a scoop. i went to the store to complain lol. i found it eventually after using a scoop from a different container (same brand).

they will be different sizes from brand to brand and sometimes the same brand will even change a serving size.

its in there bro
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    also thought it was funny that it said 'rounded scoop'. usually its reads 'level scoop'
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    The scoop goes with the product so if it says to use the scoop and there isn't one it's a defect. The serving size will be on the label. Wither call the company and get them to send you a scoop or weigh it.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    After you find the scoop, use a scale anyway. I got curious a while back about what ON meant by a "rounded scoop." It turned out they didn't mean rounded. They meant that the scoop should be piled as high with powder as possible. And try not to shake as you transfer the overflowing scoop from container to glass or blender.
  • MaeRay007
    MaeRay007 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it came with a scoop...you're gonna have to carefully shake the bin or stick your hand in there and dig, they're always hard to find
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Agree that you should weigh out a scoop in grams to make sure you figure out what a true serving is.

Also, when the scoop is at the top when you open a fresh jug, it's the best day ever. :) I keep a scoop in my kitchen for rescuing the poor scoops that fall to the bottom during shipping. :wink:
  • bv109
    bv109 Posts: 83
    Options
    it is in there
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Do some digging, its usually at the bottom
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Panic is the only clear choice.

Or rage quit. There's that.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    OH SNAP, they buried your scoop brah. I bet it's in there and you get to get sticky chocolate hands fetching that.