How many of you have...?

Options
Naomi91
Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
Hello all!

How many of you have hit a plateau from not eating enough?

I am curious because I have been far under my net calories all week and it wories me all of a sudden! I am a rugby player so I am scared that if I do not eat enough I will be losing muscle and not fat. I have 9 weeks to lose 12 lbs and I want to do it! But Should I stay eating under 1200 net calories? or should I eat my exercise cals? Thanks!

Replies

• lucky1472
    Options
    I have been doing the same thing for the past couple of days but it isn't that I haven't been trying.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I think its okay if you arent doing it on a regular basis... but I have been xD
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I am no expert but I think you have to meet your 1,200 on a daily basis - eat some fruit throughout the day to meet your minimum.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I did. When I started here I found out that I was eating 400-700 net calories a day. I hadn't lost weight for two months. Once I started eating enough (including exercise calories) I started losing my desired 1 pound per week.
  • LeonKee
    Options
    Hi Naomi91,

I have been facing your situation too... There was a recent thread about Starvation Mode and your body going into starvation ketosis where it starts to burn your muscle/fat etc. But I think there are a couple of days to get around it, still maintaining the calorie deficit. Keep doing what you are doing....great job at staying off the extra calories and also burning it off!
    These are the 2 practical ways to let your body know that you are not in the 'starving' mode.

1. Never go without a breakfast (even if its a light one), because after a night long of fasting (zzzZZZ...) our body is craving for calories.

2. Also, get a 'Cheat day', once in 2-4 weeks, where you go over your daily calorie restriction, so your body gets the clue.

Hope this helps! Good luck with the journey!