a year later...and back at my beginning weight

Options
Just thought I'd post here as I'm right back where I started from. I exercise often but have moved to LA which is a more car-based lifestyle. just have ordered a fitbit and just now getting back into myfitnesspal. I'm back up to 140, with my "best weight" being between 128-133 depending on muscle. i just feel like i need a little support. I'm five foot 8 and a half. thanks!

Replies

• Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm heavier than my "starting weight" from January, which was heavier than my"starting weight" January 2013, which was heavier than my weight when I first joined MFP...if I think about it too much, I'll curl up in a bag of chocolate buttons!
    So it's on with the workouts and trying not to eat my (heavy) bodyweight in pasta! You'll get there...just remind yourself why you're doing this and use the tape measure alongside the Evil Scales!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Are you also back at your beginning size? If you've been exercising regularly, you might have replaced a bit of fat with muscle. Not a lot, mind you -- but do your clothes fit better?

Even if you haven't replaced any fat with muscle, a regular exercise habit will not only make you feel better now, but it will have great long-term health effects.

I know where you're coming from: when I got my first job, I went from a situation where walking was my main transporation (2-4 miles a day) *and* exercise 3-4 times a week on top of that, to one where I drove most places and didn't make time to exercise. Over the next 10 years I gained about 60 lb.... It's good that you're addressing the issue early. Good luck!
  • margaretlb4
    margaretlb4 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    thank you both. helpful to get the encouragement!!