I Suck At working out

Options
I really suck at working out I need new friends to help me and motivate me. My friends are all thinner then me and they never work out actually they are really lazy so they are not much help.. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• bv109
    bv109 Posts: 83
    Options
    maybe because they eat better than you
  • Stephndzooey16
    Stephndzooey16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Maybe, but eating Isn't my problem here. I wanna work out more!! Lear something new I can do at the gym I get bored now all I do is treadmill and elliptical.
  • Tla0126
    Tla0126 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Do you lift?

Lifting is my favorite thing to do at the gym and hiking is my favorite thing to do outside the gym.

I hike somewhere new every weekend and it's never boring.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try a class, or Crossfit. That is more social (usually) than lifting alone at the gym, and the other people push you to work out harder.
  • Stephndzooey16
    Options
    No I don't only if I have some one with me. But I love being outside hiking sounds prefect how low do you usually hike for?
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    What I do is lift (and LOVE it) and take my dog for a couple mile walk most days. Hiking is also awesome - maybe an hour or two for me.
  • Stephndzooey16
    Options
    Great Ideas I actually was thinking of joining like a class, Idk about crossfit don't think I could keep up
  • theoncomingstorm6464
    theoncomingstorm6464 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I suck too. Feel free to add me.
  • Tla0126
    Tla0126 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Depends on my day and what else I have planned...

This weekend, I found a trail that's roughly 9 miles, I'm assuming it will take around 3 hours...

I did a trail that was 7 miles last Saturday that took around 2.5 hours...

When you research, a lot of the trail guides will tell you the distance, so you can plan which trails will be best to fit your time restraints....

It's getting warmer, so make sure you bring plenty of water!!!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Just do it.

I am the only one accountable for me, I don't rely on my friends or my family to work out. Set a schedule stick to it. treat it like its your job it becomes habit and before you know it you no longer suck.
  • jinxiemay
    jinxiemay Posts: 17
    Options
    You have to just do it. I'm putting a recumbent bike in front of my playstation so I'll exercise... lazy but it's better than nothing!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    well, i also sucked at working out for a while. i tried playing soccer. i'm from spain and grew up playing soccer. my brother plays, as do all of our friends. i thought it would be a great work out to join their team and play, but i just didn't enjoy it as much as they did.

i think i tried a lot of other things until i found the thing i really like: triathlon. it's fun. swimming, running, cycling. heck, half of it is just playing.

i do some other things as well, like lift weight, rock climb, yoga. but triathlon is my thing.

find your thing.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Take one new class each week - try something different to mix it up. Even if you don't enjoy the class at least you'll have given it a go which is an achievement. You'll get bored with the same stuff - get a trainer do a strength training plan for you, try zumba, or step, or box fit, or circuit, try hiking. Get outside more, enjoy the sunshine while doing something that makes you feel good about yourself. If you can talk a friend into joining you then great but if not, put some music together and enjoy your own company.
  • Stephndzooey16
    Options
    Now I just really wanna work out!!! I don't really need them to work out with me but just a little support like all you are doing now.
    I just stared working out and eating better so it's new to my friends and family.
  • Stephndzooey16
    Options
    I really like this, I need to find my thing!
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    If you check out my before/after pic on my profile.. the girl on the left wasnt in good shape but started crossfit anyway. I was able to "keep up" but scaling back the workouts (the trainers help you with that). 16 months later i look like the girl on the right.

I never liked working out before and I never stuck with any exercise routine. Crossfit isnt right for everyone, but it helped me and I love it! 4 times a week no matter what!
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Just do it.

I am the only one accountable for me, I don't rely on my friends or my family to work out. Set a schedule stick to it. treat it like its your job it becomes habit and before you know it you no longer suck.

Exactly this!!! My headphones are my friend at the gym, I plug them in and watch Charmed usually (because that's what is on at 5 in the morning lol). You don't need someone to do Cardio with or the machines at the gym for that matter. Someone told me once, if you can carry on a conversation while on the Eliptical, you're doing it wrong. I know for me, I can't have a conversation while I'm on the Eliptical LOL....
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I really like this, I need to find my thing!

if you want to respond to someone, hit "quote" not reply.
  • Chelsarrr
    Chelsarrr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love lifting, but never knew until I tried it for a few months and noticed significant changes in my body! I don't really enjoy endless hours of cardio (or any cardio haha) so I do HIIT training for shorter periods of time. I hate running, but I signed up for a 10k. I enjoyed the challenge. I just change it up all the time and look beyond the agony DURING the exercise to the benefits after. It makes it worth it for me.

But remember, bodies are built more in the KITCHEN than the gym!!!!!