Got a mantra?

Options
Got any great quotes that help keep you motivated? I found this one today:

"Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great."

Also: Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.

What's yours?

Replies

• jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I love this one. 'You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there'.
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."--Ah'nold Schwarzzeneger
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I've made the decision, I'm making the commitment and I'm seeing the results!
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    "Nothing taste's as good as thin feels" I know it's overused, but it works for me!
  • dbosh
    dbosh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies." Andy DuFresne - Shawshank Redemption

"Like your work - love your wife" Del Griffith - Planes Trains and Automobiles
  • jmanthei98
    jmanthei98 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    "Persistence without exception!"

This journey of weight loss is a lifestyle change, and you can't do it without being persistent. It's not easy and you have to just keep at it!
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    "No one ever drowned from sweat!"
    "The only workout you regret is the one you don't do."
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    Sounds silly and a little selfish, but my mantra for 2011 is that 2011 is The Year of Me. This is my time to take care of me. It's my year to be the me I have always wanted to be. It has really helped keep me going and remind me that I am the reason I am doing this!
    Good luck to everyone with their goals!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies." Andy DuFresne - Shawshank Redemption

"Like your work - love your wife" Del Griffith - Planes Trains and Automobiles

Shawshank ranks right up there in my top movies of all time! I can watch it over and over.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    I love that quote and actually have met the guy who first wrote it (said it) when I did the breast cancer 3-day walk a couple of years ago. I just tell myself over & over "I am worth it"
    Got any great quotes that help keep you motivated? I found this one today:

"Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great."

Also: Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.

What's yours?
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    some more that I like if anyone's interested:

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic.

If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always gotten.

The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Nothing changes if nothing changes.

Don’t give up what you want most for what you want in the moment.

If something is important enough to you, you will find a way to do it. If it’s not, you will find an excuse.

You cannot wish yourself healthy. You have to do the work.
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love this one. 'You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there'.

This is one of my favorite whole-life quotes!! It's like Ok, something bad happened, now what are you going to do about it?
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    It's about persistence not perfection is my motto at the moment... that and one day at a time!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I like what the guy from Zumba says "Just smile and do it"

But my motto is "Tomorrow is a new day"
    this really help me to focus and plodding along and not giving up when I slip
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    mine ist mantra but you'll hear me say the word hot alot lol
    like "when im hot im going to buy that shirt"
    or "keep this up and i am going to be sooo hot for my next next birthday"
    or"god i cant wait till im hot"
    or " i AM going to be hot one day"
    or "you just wait, soon I'll be hotter than you!! haha just kidding"
    and many many more lol
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I have lots of super-deep quotes I spent time with.

But the one that kept me going many, many times was

"just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." --Dory from Finding Nemo
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    "One choice doesn't define health, it's the repetitive choices that shape our future, be it good or bad"
  • mvellis
    mvellis Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm so glad you started this topic. I've had several motivational phrases that have stayed with me. One is very simple to remind us not to overeat and to EXERCISE! : CALORIES IN--CALORIES OUT!

Remember to chew slowly, and enjoy every bite.

This isn't a mantra, it's more a tip from FRENCH WOMEN DON'T GET FAT: Use smaller plates, and set a pretty table when you eat.