* 8 Apples [4 red, 4 green]
* Quaker Oat bites
* Chamomile Herbal tea
* 2 18 packs of Diet Coke
* Crystal light boxes [8 of them]
* Water
* Granola Bars
* Chicken Noodle soup

I need to start eating more. this isnt enough, especially since I wont even eat half of this stuff that I bought. But i need to learn how to increase my intake.

Replies

• PokenStick
    Options
    That looks like a good list for breakfast and maybe snacks...what about lunch/dinner?
  • Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    Options
    Lean proteins and veggies. These are bulky foods that will be low in calories but help you feel full.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Nuts and avocado are higher in calories but good for you :bigsmile:
  • cortne28
    Options
    That looks like a good list for breakfast and maybe snacks...what about lunch/dinner?

Im not sure. I eat this stuff as lunch and dinner. which is why im worrying i suppose! I dont eat enough.
  • ctheslayer
    Options
    How about leafy greens as part of salad?
    fish fillets
    canned tuna
    eggbeaters - great for low carb, high protein goto food
    bananas
    whole wheat bread
    quinoa
    fat free salad dressings
    nonfat plain yogurt (recommending Greek-strained style)
  • cortne28
    Options
    thank you! <3
  • cortne28
    Options
    How about leafy greens as part of salad?
    fish fillets
    canned tuna
    eggbeaters - great for low carb, high protein goto food
    bananas
    whole wheat bread
    quinoa
    fat free salad dressings
    nonfat plain yogurt (recommending Greek-strained style)

oh this sounds great. ill write that down too.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    any veggies or fruits of course. theres really great smoothies out there too. also any breakfast for lunch or dinner is awesome of course. get some frozen veggies and add that to a dinner or lunch, anything veggie or vegan chicken or burgers or along those lines. theres always spaghetti and throw those veggies in there. any meal you can think of always has a lower fat/calorie so think of your favs and gone online and get those ingredients. good luck to you.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    vegetables, chicken breasts, nuts, legumes, dairy
  • MomsDaily140
    Options
    How about some nuts or some lean meats,... if you are not vegetarian? You need protein to maintain good muscle mass and some dairy for strong bones. WTG on the weight loss,... I am at it once again. I had lost 68 lbs and kept it off (with the exception of 5lbs) for several years and then I had a motorcycle accident and while I was off my feet I had gained some weight, so now I have 20lbs to lose,.... ACK!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Protein. Chicken, turkey, lean beef, beans, eggs. Some whole grains like brown rice, whole wheat/multi grain bread. Vegetables, more fruits.

And take out the Crystal Light and diet soda. The brain interprets artificial sweeteners the same way it interprets natural sugars. This means that insulin is still released which makes the body stop burning fat. It also means that organs take sugar from the blood for energy. In order to combat the hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) the brain sends hunger signals to get you to replenish the blood sugar. Artificial sweeteners are extremely counterproductive for weight loss.
  • AmyJopp
    AmyJopp Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes......nutribar......protein bars......any type really just watch the fat......these are great fillers and will help your calorie intake. If you dont like eating alot of food.......I would try something like this!
  • chrish1981
    Options
    I just discovered Progresso black bean soup with bacon last night....it will now be a staple in my household.

A little fat free sour cream and reduced fat cheese on top: YUM!

Special K fruit crisps are yummy.

And I LOVE baked Tostitos and salsa.

If you're looking for an alternative to diet soda (I'm addicted to it and trying to ween myself off of it), I just found out about Poland Spring Sparkling Lime water. It's completely natural with no artificial sweeteners and it's very tasty.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    * Bowl of blueberries
    * Bowl of kiwis
    * 8 Apples [4 red, 4 green]
    * Quaker Oat bites
    * Chamomile Herbal tea
    * 2 18 packs of Diet Coke
    * Crystal light boxes [8 of them]
    * Water
    * Granola Bars
    * Chicken Noodle soup

I see very little protein and 0 veggies. Include some beans, lentils, and whole grains. If you're not a fan of them as a main or side, put them in a soup. Veggies like broccoli, spinach, bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots, radishes, sweet potatoes, cabbage.... you get the idea.
    It doesn't look like cook often... Find a website that appeals to you for some inspiration, and start making magic!!
  • cortne28
    Options
    i like food, i just have issues with it . but thank you! all this helps alot.
    and about the crystal light and diet coke not working, it hasnt seemed to hinder my weight loss at all but i could cut back on it.
    thanks again everyone! ive got all my answers now. <3
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    Things I buy basically weekly:

Canned tuna, in water
    Canned vegetables (sweet corn, sweet peas, asparagus, etc.)
    Lean Pockets
    Nuts (usually unsalted peanuts)
    Special K cereal and bars
    1% cottage cheese
    Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    Fish filets (never battered)
    V8 vegetable juice, low sodium
    Sandwich meat, low sodium
    Smart Ones entrees
    Spaghetti (Barilla, wheat)
    Yoplait light yogurt

I always aim for low sodium if I can.
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    I'm going to guess from looking at your grocery list that you do not cook a lot? I eat a lot of tuna because it is so easy to prepare. A tuna salad with some chickpeas, capers or pickles, onion, celery...whatever you like is good with wasa crackers:) I also love smoothies for b-fast or lunch...

pb/banana with a kick...1cup skim milk, 1 frozen sliced banana, 1T pb, 1tsp instant coffee crystals, 1/4cup wheat germ or rolled oats. Blend.

Spiced avacado smoothie...1cup skim milk, 1 individual container vanilla greek yogurt, 2T sweetened condensed milk, 1tsp nutmeg, 1tsp cinn., 1 ripe avacado...blend

blueberry/maple oat...1cup milk, 1cup or container vanilla greek yogurt, 1/2cup rolled oats, 2T pure maple syrup, 1cup frzn blueberries, a few ice cubes if needed...blend

just to give you a few:)

I love to snack on Hummis with celery or endive to dip in it-YUM

Maybe some eggs...boil a few up to add to salads, sandwiches, pasta...whatever. They keep well in the fridge. (perfect boiled eggs...put eggs in cold water just to cover...bring to a boil and just when you can "hear" the eggs start to shake on the bottom of the pan-shut off heat, cover, and let sit for 13min. drain and rinse under cold water)
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Personally I would skip the diet coke and crystal light.

If you like oat bites why not real Quaker old fashioned oats? You can cook 1/2 cup in 1 cup of water in microwave for 2 minutes. I sprinkle mine with small amount of walnuts and cinnamon - YUM!

I always have salad fixings, broccoli, and potatos on hand at my house.
  • cortne28
    Options
    all sounds great!
    well im really young so no I dont cook much. randomly though I do!
  • Soulmeetsbody0
    Options
    For low cal veggies: cucumbers, carrots, celery- they will make you feel full and not guilty or gaining weight!
    Please, include eggs. Good source of protein and super healthy.
    Try peanut-butter and eat a spoon or so daily. It will give you energy and is very tasty.
    Maybe some lean meat? Or tofu?