Am I just getting old?

Options
I lost 40 lbs 2 years ago when I found out i was celiac. The weight loss was a combination of calorie counting and not eating gluten. I have since gained not quite 10 lbs back since then. I'm finding this go round more difficult to lose. I want to be 140 lbs which i have 13 lbs to go. The weight just isn't coming off this time. I lost 4 lbs two weeks ago and gained 2 lbs back. I have started running 3 times weekly (30mins) for heart health more so then the calories. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong or if it's because i'm getting older (turning 29 this year). I try and eat as little meat as possible but make sure i hit my protein intake goals for the day. Any tips, advice etc would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Opening up your diary would be a start. 29 is not old, so that is not the problem. Are you logging/weighing everything you eat? You just started running so you might be retaining water.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Are you eating more prepackaged gluten free foods than you did when you were losing the weight? Because that could do it.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Weight will come off slower as you reach your BMI (goal weight). Maybe you are at a plateau? Try calorie cycling to get your metabolism going again. It worked when I stalled for a month. Maybe the weight you are gaining is muscle mass? Sorry I'm not expert just trying to help 8) And 29 is NOT old LOL, Look at my old *kitten* LOL 8)
  • krmthomas
    krmthomas Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much pre-packaged foods. My one "treat" a day is GF cracker thingies which are only 90 calories for 4 which i have with eggs to meet my protein goal.