Quest Bars - Reviews?

Options
For the last several months, I keep seeing promos and people talking about the seemingly divine quest bar. I need to up my macros desperately, and being pescaterian it's really difficult to do without supplementation. I've always hesitated around eating "bars" because I think that they are really just candy bars in disguise. Can anyone give me their two sense on quest bars? Are they filling? Are they a good source of protein? Do you feel and see a difference in your body from eating them? Thanks so much.

Replies

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    They are delicious. All natural, so not a candy bar. Not filling because they're not a meal, only about 200 calories. 20 grams of protein.

No protein bar is supposed to create a difference in your body, they're just a way of getting additional protein.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    They are delicious. All natural. Not filling because they're not a meal, only about 200 calories. 20grams of protein.

No protein bar is supposed to create a difference in your body, they're just a way of getting additional protein.

This.

Well, I wouldn't say "delicious" but they are pretty good. I like them microwaved for a few seconds.

I also really liked them for those days when I was planning a workout after work. I work 12 hour shifts and didn't want to eat supper before lifting or running but needed something to hold me over. I'm pretty picky about what and how long I can eat before a workout and these worked well.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I think they are one of the better choices out there and they have some great flavors, but like ^^ said they aren't meant as an entire meal, maybe a snack between meals.

I use them to increase my protein, so they are a good source of protein and when you need something on the go they are handy.

I see and feel a difference in my body, but I couldn't say it is from Quest bars alone :wink:

Go ahead and give 'em a try...my faves are Peanut Butter and Jelly, Vanilla almond crunch and Mixed Berry bliss, but there are still a few I haven't tried and they have TONS of flavors and you can buy variety packs to test them out.
  • ldy_78
    ldy_78 Posts: 61
    Options
    thanks everyone for the feedback. It's unanimous! I'll go ahead and order a box straight away.
  • MadMaddy2014
    MadMaddy2014 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing about these bars. Where can you buy them? Any grocery store?
  • ldy_78
    Options

You can only get them online. Amazon sells them and you might be able to get free super saver shipping as well.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

You can only get them online. Amazon sells them and you might be able to get free super saver shipping as well.

It depends on where you are. My local gym sells them. GNC and a local supplement store also do. I don't think grocery stores do here.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    They are definitely different then any other protein bar. I like them.. A lot. Some flavors more then others.
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options

It depends on where you are. My local gym sells them. GNC and a local supplement store also do. I don't think grocery stores do here.

The grocery stores here sell them, in the "healthy foods" bulk bin section.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Any place to get them cheaper than $24.99 for a box of twelve?
  • fideliuscharm
    Options
    They sell them on iHerb.com which offers $5 off your first order (or $10 off your first order of $40+) so you could get a box for about $21.78, tax included. Not that much of a discount, but shipping's also free, so it's something! :)
  • ldy_78
    Options
    Any place to get them cheaper than $24.99 for a box of twelve?

I haven't found anything cheaper than that online, which is why amazon is good. If you buy it from the manufacturer then you end up paying shipping costs too.
  • ldy_78
    Options
    They sell them on iHerb.com which offers $5 off your first order (or $10 off your first order of $40+) so you could get a box for about $21.78, tax included. Not that much of a discount, but shipping's also free, so it's something! :)

Good to know! Thank you for the info.
  • ldy_78
    Options

I should check GNC then. Thanks. Never go into that place... always wind up at Whole Foods or Vitamin World.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love quest bars. GNC sells them all, and there is a sale till the 26th of June this month. Buy one box, get the second half off. Also, buy three individual, get one free. I have heard some are also sold at Fairway.
  • GreatDepression
    Options

Is this a spam post? It is your first post afterall.
  • GreatDepression
    Options
    I love quest bars. GNC sells them all, and there is a sale till the 26th of June this month. Buy one box, get the second half off. Also, buy three individual, get one free. I have heard some are also sold at Fairway.

I was just there. The mix and match "sale" still comes to about $2.25 per bar which isn't cheaper than Amazon's $24.99 per box. GNC's quest box sale is also $24.99 but you have to pay to become a gold member to get that price. Doesn't seem good at all.
  • kori0424
    kori0424 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    These bars have suraclose. A cheap sugar gmo that has been linked to thyroid problems, just like herbalife. Stay away from these harmful chemicals. You get what you pay for.
  • fideliuscharm
    Options

Is this a spam post? It is your first post afterall.

Not that I should have to justify myself to you, but I recently took advantage of the deal, came across this thread and thought I'd share it. You can check it out or you can ignore it-- doesn't really effect me either way so I don't actually care nor am I going to lose any sleep over it. And so what if it's my first post? Does that really warrant accusations of spamming? How very welcoming you are!