one day binge

Options
ok so today was unusual in the fact that I didnt have my usual school to go to because of all the snow. I stayed home all day and found that there was nothing to do but eat, so that's what I did. I had about 2000-2600 calories, I stopped counting after that. I'm so mad at myself! I was just wondering if this will ruin my whole months worth of dieting so far, because I have lost about 6 pounds to date, and I'm scared that I sabotaged myself... anyone help? !

Replies

• becki101_4
    becki101_4 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine. Honestly, one day of crazy overeating won't sabotage you as long as you get back on track the next day. It's when you start to binge 2 or 3 or 4 times a week each week that bad things start to happen.

Hope you enjoyed your day off from school!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    If you haven't treated yourself to a cheat meal in the last month, you probably helped your weight loss cause!! Just clean it up tomorrow and do an extra 30 minutes of cardio as your punishment!! LOL!
  • michellemae24
    michellemae24 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just make a committment to yourself to start anew tomorrow. The hardest part is getting back into the good habits, even after one day. You'll be fine! :)
  • Smiley68
    Options
    It happens don't sit and dwell on it. Tell yourself you will do better tomorrow, and you will. We all fall off the wagon just get back on and keep riding. That's always my hardest part. You can also look at the ways it can benefit your continued success, such as:

1. Altering your typical diet can actually boost your metabolism, for instance calorie cycling, and carb cycling.
    2. More motivation on your next workout and your diet tomorrow.

Its one day keep trucking and you will be fine.
  • lachamblee
    Options
    Right, if it takes 3500 excess calories to gain a pound of fat, you really haven't done much damage in one day. You may notice that you retain water a little after a binge, but if you get right back on track, you won't notice a change in your overall weight.
  • Dtermined89
    Options
    you'll be totally ok. first dont weigh yourself tomorrow because the number might be higher temporarily and that might be discouraging. Best thing to do is not let the guilt of today mess up your tomorrow. just wake up and begin again. oh and enjoy being wonderfully full! ;)
  • Pange33
    Pange33 Posts: 63
    Options
    What's done is done, but don't beat yourself up! You'll be most likely to sabotage yourself then. Are you going to be home all day everyday with nothing to do but eat? No!! Today was just an exception, brush it off, tomorrow's a new day. If it would make you feel better about it, maybe add an extra 15 minutes or make it a goal to burn additional calories at your next few workouts. Everyone has a bad day when they're trying to lose weight. Just know that you're not alone!!! Hope that might help :)
  • purple_power61
    purple_power61 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have always allowed myself a "free" day once a month... for me it takes the die out of dieting!
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    Just don't think, "I blew it today...might as well blow it tomorrow..." Then you start thinking that the week is lost and so forth. That little statement that you see every time you close out your journal entry for the day can be a big help. Keep in mind that it says, "If every day were like today..." Just start tomorrow with a new enthusiasm and you will be FINE!!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    it absolutely will NOT! the only thing that can ruin things for you is if you give up on yourself. don't beat yourself up over this. we all have bad days. :)
  • aanner
    aanner Posts: 26
    Options
    WOW!!! loads of responses! thanks so much guys this is really motivating to me. and it's an interesting idea that this one bad day out of my whole month might even boost my metabolism. i was feeling awful, but now I feel soo much better! I'll just work a little harder tomorrow to counter balance. thank you!!! :P and good luck to all of you guys as well!
  • simply_nicole
    Options
    It's totally ok. I decided to let myself have 1 day a week that I don't count. Sundays. But I make sure I don't go crazy! But it's nice to allow myself to have a little extra treat once a week. Something to look forward to. But I always jump right back in to what I do the rest of the week:) Keep going strong!
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I allow my self a cheat day when every I feel I need it. So with that in mind leave today behind. You got it out of your system. Make sure you try to eat clean tomorrow and drink all the water you call. That always helps! I am still working off the bloat from my TOM and cheat day over the weekend! It takes some time so don't let that scale discourage you!
  • lachamblee
    Options
    It's really true that, in the past when I have had a bad day -- or even a COUPLE of days, I have actually been surprised to see a more notable weight loss at my next weigh-in. So, what they're saying does seem to be the case often.
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    I allow myself 1 cheat day a week...it doesn't sabatoge my weight loss unless it continues to the next day, and the next day after that and so on. In fact, having a cheat day confuses your body and revs up your metabolism! Not to mention the fact that it keeps us sane:) Just make sure you get back on track tomorrow!