I need more fat and protein without carbs today

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie to MFP. I have recorded todays Menu and found that i need the below for todays goal.

Calories : 177
Carbs : -4
Fats : 26
Protein : 42
Sugars : -2
Sodium : 1586.

This is a typical diet for me today. I would like to know what i can eat to boost up my fats and proteins without affecting my carbs today. Also if this is something that i can continue doing it would be great.

Thanks & have a nice day.

Best Regards,
Mz

Replies

• Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    How about some nuts? Eggs are perfect, too.
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Fat/Protein is easy.

Eat some meat. Chicken thighs in cheese sauce (Cream, cream cheese, and some blue cheese :)) comes to mind.

Steak and Eggs?

Bacon?

The possibilities are endless!

How have you worked out your macros anyway?
  • mazinmahmood
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks both of u for ur answers?

Got a High Protein Nut Bar from the supermarket. It had high amount of fats, and protein (20g) and very little carbs...

I was also thinking eggs, but didnt want the cholesterol.

What do macros mean?
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Don´t be afraid of cholesterol it´s not bad and creep into your body from the egg.
    It´s a bit complicated but the cholesterol from food doesn´t move into the body like the macros (carbs, protein, fat) do. :)
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    bump:
    bcs I am STUCK and don't know what to do about it. I started mfp with the feeling that being under calories was all that was needed.(lost about 40 lb) now 3years in I am lost, confused and up 25 lbs. I've noticed my carbs are always over,, protein and fat mostly under and overall calories under. I don't know what i really need nutrition wise since exercise resets my mfp daily goals...and an endocrinologist last summer told me i didn't need to eat back calories from exercise.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good at figuring out how to get in more food with limited carbs. Your options are rather limited, unfortunately. Cheese is a great one, as well as meat without any sauce. A little salty sauce is okay but avoid ones that are sweet (ketchup, teriyaki, bbq, etc.). I try to marinate with soy sauce, onion and garlic. It provides nice flavour without adding additional carbs.
  • volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Macros are you "Macronutrients" - it's how you know how many calories you eat an how those calories are broken down (%fat, %protein, %carbs, etc.) Typically you would have to calculate your lean body mass (actual weigh minus your body fat) times your activity level. Depending on who you listen to and what your activity levels are like (do you sit at a desk all day?) it's recommended that you eat 0.8-1.2g of protein per pound of lean muscle. (So if your 200lbs and have 50% body fat that would make your lean mass 100lbs - so you would eat ~100g of protein per day.) From there - you can decide if you are eating low carb - to keep your carb intake at <50g per day (or less) and the rest of your meals would consist of fat. If you're not eating low carb you can set the other two up by determining what works best for your eating habits/life style.

By all means, this is not the end all be all, just a way to attempt to explain what "macros" are and how they can be calculated. Good luck to you!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Have a rare ribeye steak!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If you're over something (carbs) but you aren't really sure why you're counting/limiting it, it might be good to start here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Review what he says, and tweak as necessary.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Try a protein shake. I use Six Star Whey Protein Isolate in the Decadent Chocolate flavor. One scoop is 30g of protein, 0g fat and about 1g carb. I can't think of anything that will give you BOTH protein and fat with no carbs (maybe some whole eggs but watch the cholesterol and sodium). Most things that have fat have carbs.

I personally lean towards carby foods and by allowing myself to have a higher amount of carbs helps me actually stick to my diet. Not to mention I've been making a lot of smoothies lately and they are packed with fiber and protein. Virtually no fat. But the carbs......are through the ROOF from the fruit. Remember fiber counts as a carb. My macros are set up 40/40/20 in percentages of carbs, protein, fat. On a 1500 cal diet (cutting) that equals 150/150/33. Actually, when I enter my goals in MFP and other websites they actually suggest that I eat even MORE carbs (>180), more fat (50+) and wayyyyyy less protein (<60). I'm trying to preserve/build muscle so that's a no go.

Just work your macros to suit both what would satiate you as well as your goals (lose fat, build muscle).
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    If you're over something (carbs) but you aren't really sure why you're counting/limiting it, it might be good to start here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Review what he says, and tweak as necessary.
    Yup^^^^
    Also, don't beat yourself up trying to get every macro to 0. If you go over on something here and there it doesn't matter. Just hitting your caloric goals. If accuracy is really that big of a deal for you then a little pre planning will help. In time it will become 2nd nature.
    ^This.

This is a process. It takes time to get things how you want them, and perfection isn't required (fortunately). If you're a little nuder fat or protein one day, or a little over carbs, it's ok. Don't let it stress you out. It is very easy to over-think this stuff.

(But yeah - generally nuts or animal products should give you protein & fats without much carbohydrate.)