Exercising too much?! Losing weight too fast?!

Options
Hey, I'm Sasha! I selected the [lose 2 pounds a week] option and so far it's working... like... REALLY REALLY working. I've lost 14 pounds since Christmas Eve! At first I thought it was just water weight, but after the first 10 pounds, I no longer think that's what it is, but did anyone else lose the first couple of pounds really quickly?

My limit on here is 1210 calories. I walk my dog about 2 hours total every day, plus I walk to the store, park, etc. So, I'm burning about 400-800 calories a day. I am eating enough because ALWAYS make sure to consume the minimum 1210 calories(sometimes even 1500), but is it okay that I'm burning that many calories from exercising and losing the weight so fast? Or is that too fast?

Thanks.
xoxo, Sasha :smile:

Replies

• joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    When we first begin limiting our calorie intake and exercising, it can be a bit of a shock to our bodies, which causes a lot of weight loss (as well as water weight loss) in the beginning of any new program. It usually settles down to a steadier and smaller number after a couple weeks, once our bodies get used to our new regime. Don't be surprised when this happens and keep up the good work!
  • sashaverlene
    sashaverlene Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you, and congrats on losing almost 40 pounds! That's AMAZING! :)
  • cflexen
    cflexen Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi Sasha,

I am new to this..and I am just starting to count calories but I was just curious..where you eating healthy stuff or were u eating whatever but just making sure that you stayed within ur calorie range?..either way Congrats to you!! :))
  • sashaverlene
    sashaverlene Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I eat healthy. No sugary foods or foods high in fat unless it's like peanut butter or a banana (even then, I still eat it like once a week.) You can go ahead and look at my food diary if that'll give you a better answer. :) It seems very healthy. And THANK YOU!!!