Protein Bars?

Options
Does anyone make their own protein bars, or have a preferred brand they buy?

Replies

• granola_girl
    Options
    Does anyone make their own protein bars, or have a preferred brand they buy?
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    I buy Special K protein bars chocolate peanut. they are very good and doesnt taste funky. I also buy the south beach protein bars chocolate raspberry ones. They arent very high in the protein, about 5 or 6 grams, (manage to get well over my protein so i buy the ones that are low) but I believe they make ones with higher protein. And they aren't high in calories. I also like the Slim Fast ones too. They are a good snack in the afternoon.
  • kewright
    kewright Posts: 18
    Options
    I buy Cliff Body Builder bars (20g protein). They come in tons of flavors & are delicious. If you don't want or need that much protein, the other Cliff bars are very tasty (10-12g protein).
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein bars. 20g protein but they taste just like a candy bar! Yum
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to a pretty good recipe, without sugar.

http://www.radiantrecovery.com/recipes/desserts.shtml#bar

If you use a high quality protein powder, it helps to avoid both the expense and the "chemically-ness" of buying bars.:flowerforyou:
  • granola_girl
    Options
    Thanks! I am always low on protein, since I switched my ratios per my trainer. This helps a lot.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I buy the south beach high protein breakfast bars, they have 10 grams of protein and taste pretty good. I also was low on protein, so when I started my new fat burning dvd, I tried to increase my protein, and it seems to have helped me.
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have a great recipe, but I'm at work and my recipe is at home. I'll stop in here again this evening & post it.

I usually buy the Zone Perfect protein bars when I don't make my own. They don't taste like a box of chalk or a handful of vitamins, they almost taste like candy bars...and who doesn't like those?

Stephanie
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    Detour Bars are the best. The one in the Orange wrapper tastes like a Snickers. 170 calorise 15g protein. Stay away from the Peanut Butter thought it i not so hot.

I also had a Snickers multi grain yesterday 10g protein 220 cal it was good just needs more protein.