36lbs in 23 Weeks. (With Pics) Not for the faint of heart!!

Options
Brymisery
Brymisery Posts: 3 Member
At the beginning of this year, I thought that because I was now halfway through my 33rd year on this earth and most of them were spent drinking 2 - 3 litres of coke a day, whilst munching on Cheeseburgers, Pizza, Fried food and lots of fries, it was time for a change.

There was nothing too drastic at first, Cut down on everything instead of cutting out. Start out easy. A month in, I started cycling to work, on average 13 - 15 miles round trip a day. (Depends on how quickly I need to get where I am going as I sometimes take a long way round). Another few weeks in and I started circuit training and for the most part cut out Coke, Fries and the like, only consumed now on special occasions.

I started at 230lbs on 06/01/14 and on the 13/06/14, I was down to 194lbs. I don't remember the last time I weighed this.

Then Last night I played my first game of Football (Soccer) in years, and was very surprised at how well I managed through it (Although I am a bit stiff this morning).

I am so happy I managed all of this as I expected to have given up within a month or two but I have really started to feel good about myself and have a lot more energy than I used too, and after losing 5" round my waist and chest, I can now fit into clothes a bit better.

Here are a couple of from the start of my journey up till now.

The Beginning:

IMG-20140618-WA0008_zpsca2d7994.jpg

last Night

IMG-20140618-WA0006_zpsf1f57ae6.jpg

Should really have smiled a wee bit for this one, but I was still sore after Football!!

IMG-20140618-WA0005_zps30189e20.jpg

and a comparison side by side shot!!

5e6cbe86-e23e-4446-9c5d-c92d1e4e1cff_zps57272a34.jpg

I still have 20lbs to lose or get down to 17% Body Fat before I will feel happy though. Hopefully i can get there!!!

Replies

• blackizbutiful
    blackizbutiful Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    progress is progress. 36lbs is nothing to laugh at its a major achievement. having developed clean eating habits will continue to get you even further. great job!!!!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Keep working at it - you'll get there! Great start!
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Good job, stay on the track and feel free to add
  • OkRebeccaJay
    OkRebeccaJay Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Big difference, and a lot of determination, you will reach your goal no problem! :)
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome! Great job!
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Keep at it & you'll soon reach your goal. Can really see the difference that 36lbs has made - bet you're dead proud of yourself - well done :flowerforyou:
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Well, I certainly feel more motivated than I did 5 minutes ago. Thanks!
  • Creiddylad
    Creiddylad Posts: 27
    Options
    Well done mate you look great.
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    great job!!
  • Brymisery
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive comments. That was my very first post on here and I am overwhelmed by the positivity on here.

Hopefully have another few weight loss photo's with my tan after I have been on Holiday!!!
  • rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Super fantastic! Keep it up!
  • Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Great job!

Also, love your tattoos :smile:
  • Brymisery
    Options
    Thanks!! Cant wait to get my chest piece finished!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!