Question for WI runners

Options
Could you recommend a good specialty running shoe store? I get shin splints and I think I need to go to the experts? Please help!

Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Performance Running outfitters. They have a couple of locations in shorewood and Brookfield. They analyze your running gait and find the shoe that fits you. I went to them when I ran my first half marathon
  • gardnerkennedy
    gardnerkennedy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    where are you in Wisconsin? If you are near Madison, my first choice would be Berkeley Running Company on University (www.berkeleyrunningcompany.com). They really know their stuff and can do gait analysis with you. Plus, they are very friendly.

Also in Madison and Middleton is Endurance House--again, good people with strong shoe selection (www.endurancehouse.com).
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Not sure where to go but I do know where NOT to go. I went to scheels and they had me take about 5 steps to and away from them then sold me a $120 pair of brooks. I didn't notice a bit of difference from my $80 New Balance btw!
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I got mine at fleet feet in Madison, I believe there is one in Brookfield as well.

My salesperson seemed to be quite knowledgeable, had me walk around to watch my gait, then had me try on about 6 or 7 pairs, run around a bit in the couple of pairs she recommended/I liked. I have had them for a few months now, no complaints and no injuries.
  • Mariana1256
    Mariana1256 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great thanks for the replies! I live in Stevens Point. Close to all the stores mentioned. Now I just have to decide which one to go to!

Thanks!!
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    How about Shippy Shoes shoes in Point? Or the good feet store? I haven't tried those stores but might worth a shot.