Now I know how I gained all the weight!!

I always knew that my weight gain was down to over eating, but now I know how easy it was!!

I went out for a birthday dinner last night and I didn't have pudding just starter and main meal plus drinks this equalled closed to 2500 cals!! Just for dinner plus this is a very rough estimate as I don't know how it was cooked it wasn't a chain so I don't have the actual cals etc!!!

I'm not going to beat myself up over it it's my birthday and I'm going to gym every day except for yesterday to minimise the impact.

However it does just show that one night out can blow all the work out the window and it's so easy to do without realising it.

Replies

• You got it........it all matters. Our body does not need that much to function properly, we put too much importance on food in general. Social events are abig triggers for over eating, we forget the social part that should be the main focus, seeing people we enjoy not the food.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    One night can't blow it all out the window.

it takes many nights and days to blow it out the window...

the key is to understand that one night can put you over your daily goal but just move on from it and stay in weekly goal.
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 229 Member
    One night can't blow it all out the window.

it takes many nights and days to blow it out the window...

the key is to understand that one night can put you over your daily goal but just move on from it and stay in weekly goal.

+1
  • keithpeters101
    keithpeters101 Posts: 5 Member
    Yeah, counting calories is a huge eye opener. I bet most people drastically underestimate the calories they take in, and drastically overestimate the calories they burn in exercising. I don't always count, but like to do so for a week or two now and then just for a reality check.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Hopefully I can even it out a bit I probably won't loss any weight but not gaining would nice, unfortunately (for the diet not me) I have another dinner on Saturday with my parents but I'll just have the main stick to wine (less cals than larger) and I have a PT session the next day so I will just have to make extra effort!
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 683 Member
    I did similar on my birthday and i worked out harder than ever for remainder of the week, put it down to experience and you have to enjoy life or its pointless 1 day in 365 wont make an awful lot of difference. Well done on your weight loss so far its amazing what we learn along the way
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    It's a good thing to know after I have lost the weight (and I will) I will at least know how not to put it back on. :)