Weight gain

Options
I was just wondering -

I am super restrictive with what I eat. I'm healthy, make reasonable choices, rarely break diet and I exercise - up to 8 hrs a week.
I lost a lot of weight to start and I haven't changed anything but now I seem to be gaining. It's not muscle. I know it isn't.
My fam think my scales are broken - 9 pounds in 4 weeks without a drastic diet change? My size 8-10 clothes still fit me.
I'm freaking out but for the amount I eat and the activity I do I can't understand why I'm gaining weight never mind losing it.

It's getting me down and I feel like I'm losing my mind.
I have booked a doctors appointment but I can't do this anymore. If I cut anymore from my diet I'll be living on broccoli and fresh air.

Any advice would be so appreciated.

x x

Replies

• mahopper2008
    mahopper2008 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Get your blood work checked to see if their is a medical reason like a thyroid issue. Are you on any meds that have a side effect of weight gain? Drink lots of water. I drink 12 glasses a day. Some of it could be water weight. If you are not drinking enough water your body will retain water. Also, remember success is not just measured by the scale. If you know you are eating right, exercising, and drinking water eventually the scales will show it.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    do you weigh out all of your food? it may be as simple as eating more than you think

the doctors appointment was a good idea, that can rule out thyroid issues or other complications

for now just stay calm, maybe invest in a new scale if you feel that this could be the issue

how much do you weight/how tall are you and how many calories do you eat on a typical day?
  • MikeVacanti
    MikeVacanti Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Would love to see a sample day of eating, as that would help.

Has anything about your activity/exercise regimen changed?
  • wlorenm
    wlorenm Posts: 37
    Options
    Would love to see a sample day of eating, as that would help.

Has anything about your activity/exercise regimen changed?

I'll give you my yesterday:

Table spoon of non-fat Greek yogurt and some fresh fruit - raspberries, and strawberries for breakfast.
    For lunch I had a light salad. No dressing. Just lettuce, peppers, red onion spring onion and cucumber.

For dinner I roasted peppers, courgette, red onion and tomatoes sprayed with maybe five sprays of fry light.
    I ate this with two large mushrooms stuffed with spinach and non-fat yogurt and garlic.

For snacks I genuinely had two ice pops. Like the kind you get as a kid. 7 cals each.

At the gym I'll do either 45mins cardio and 30mins weight or resistance.
    Or an hour cardio and 20mins weights.

I am 5"6.5 and I was at 9st5. Now I'm apparently over 10.
    I don't understand.

I got from 12st6 to 9st5 with less exercise than I'm doing now.
  • wlorenm
    Options
    Get your blood work checked to see if their is a medical reason like a thyroid issue. Are you on any meds that have a side effect of weight gain? Drink lots of water. I drink 12 glasses a day. Some of it could be water weight. If you are not drinking enough water your body will retain water. Also, remember success is not just measured by the scale. If you know you are eating right, exercising, and drinking water eventually the scales will show it.

No medication at all. A few symptoms that might point to my thyroid though?
  • wlorenm
    Options
    Posted below :)