Body Shaper?

Options
I've been considering one of those body shapers to hold in my tummy/ thighs until I get down to my goal weight. I'm a little chubby at 5'4 and around 130 (I'm having some yo-yo issues at the moment so I can't really give an accurate weight for myself), but I'm not hugely overweight or anything. I was wondering if anyone about my size found these worthwhile? If you did what was the best brand you found?

Replies

• susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    Spanx. I am 5' 4" and probably 20 years older then you so I have the sagging issue due to advanced age (ha!) and Spanx does the trick. Don't do Bali, it will suck the life out of you but Hanes products are pretty comfortable too.
  • mikaselm
    Options
    Believe me, I have tried EVERY body shaper out there. SPANX are my fav. I t hink they make me look alot smoother, and they're pretty comfortable.

The least effective body shapers I've tried: tummy control tankini swimsuits. They don't do anything!!!

Most effective: Victorian style steel boned corsets. First, let me say, I started with these for historical reenactments, then thought, hey, why not look skinny all the time? No way! They're so impractical for everyday life! It's really tough to even get in and out of a car.

Most comfy: SPANX

Least comfy: Kymaru body shaper , yes, even more uncomfy than the actual steel Victorian corsets!

The lesson: Balance your controll needs with the practical side. You've still got to be able to move, and if the shaper's uncomfy, you're not going to want to wear it.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Spanx was a little pricey for my budget, but I found Assets and Bare Necessities (you can get them at Target) to be good for the price. FYI, get one that allows room for you boobs, otherwise they'll be smooshed down and uncomfortable. Also if you get the "cami" style, make sure you get one that is long that way it won't roll up on any fat rolls. :wink:

www.barenecessities.com
  • Chelsey8D
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll probably be going out to get one once all the snow melts :)