I'm new and what a shocker!!!

Options
I've tracked for two days now and can't believe how much I was overeating! I totally need to get myself under control! I'm on a 1250 calorie diet and feel pretty great!

I have 3 kids and each preganancy added a bit... and a bit... and a little bit more - and so now I need to do something about it! I need to lose about 45 - 50 lbs....

Glad I found this app.... and website!

Replies

• nholloman
    nholloman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! It is a real eye opener...I had no idea I was eatting soooo many calories until I started tracking with this program :)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Welcome :))
  • entwistle1979
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me as your friend, the more diet buddies the better:)
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I agree 100%! To see what you were eating before is absolutely shocking. I LOVE this site and I really credit it with changing my eating habits, and helping me lose the weight.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I was the same way. I think I was eating over 3000 calories a day when I started here, just as a rough estimate. I was a "grazer" sticking food in my mouth without even realizing it. So happy to have it under control! :smile:
  • leweverling
    Options
    Welcome and way to go on taking the first step, getting started.
  • imnother
    Options
    Congrats to you! I have three kids as well so I know all to well how hard being healthy can be. But your doing it!
  • imnother
    Options
    Hello every one! I'm new to this site. I'm a mom of 3, and working full time keeps me more than busy. Im hoping to drop 25 pounds overall and become healthier.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    welcome :flowerforyou:
  • fredaro2002
    fredaro2002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am bew to this sight. I found the app for my Samsung Galaxy on Sunday and decided to input what I ate that day. I was soooo shocked to see that I had ate almost 4000 CALORIES. The sad thing about it, I eat heavier during the week when I am busier (I am a fulltime high school math theacher and adjunxt math professor at a local technical college). No wonder how much I excersise I don't lose any weight. Excersing just helped me maintain it.

I really like how the program gives you a daily calorie goal based on your weight. I did not realize how hard it would be to count calories and stay within my calorie budget. I believe that this website and app will help me lose my first overall goal of 55lbs. I hope to make new friends and stay motivated.
  • LauraKB
    LauraKB Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm still figuring thisplace out and how to add friends,but it's great to see so many success stories.

I have always been a "big girl" but never like this! My 3 year old was diagnosed with epilepsy in the fall and during his tests and procedures, I ate right through it. By the time it was all said and done, I was 20 lbs heaving in just 2 months! So that added 20 to the already 30 ish I needed to lose. That made me so sick --- how could that have happened?????

I've decieded that there's always an excuse to NOT do it! and well, that's just not good enough for me anymore! :smile:
  • ruthsears
    Options
    This app is the greatest. I have tried about everything and this one is the best and easiest to stick to . Welcome, you will love it!