Help, Need advise!! Weight Training VS Calorie intake!!

Options
Hi,

So I know that MFP cannot calculate how many calories you burn when doing a weight lifting session due to everyone being different. However, surely we must burn some calories while doing this right??

My question is do you up your food intake that day to eat back some of your exercise calories even though you cannot see how many you burned??

I've only recently started doing strong lift 5*5 after a 2 week diet but a little while after these sessions and the next day I am finding that I am getting quiet hungry but I do not have any calories left from my daily allowance.

Your advice would be really appreciated. :smile: :smile:

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    you can input strength training as cardio, it just bases the calculation on time spent not the actual lifts you perform.

the way i work it however is i just drink a 2 scoop protein shake after i lift and call it even, works out to about 250 cals. if burn more than that it just adds to my deficit, if its less than at least the calories are from protein
  • carlyjaner
    carlyjaner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    you can input strength training as cardio, it just bases the calculation on time spent not the actual lifts you perform.

the way i work it however is i just drink a 2 scoop protein shake after i lift and call it even, works out to about 250 cals. if burn more than that it just adds to my deficit, if its less than at least the calories are from protein

Thanks for this, I have read in other places that inputting it on the cardio is not very accurate, so I was worried I would over or under eat.