I got my period back, I feel so happy!

Options
MissBabyJane
MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
So long-story-short, I'm 19 years old girl, who started to workout last year (around this time) and lost 18kgs. Around february I lost my period because I dropped to much weight (got to 47kg.). I was eating below 1200 NET calories daily. Two months ago, I went to a doctor and he said that I need to eat better and gain some weight and take it easy with my workouts. I started to eat healthy fats, more protein and better food choices in general... and yesterday my period came back with full force! My current weight is 50kg. (I'm 165cm tall), I feel sooo great! I like the way I feel in my own skin, my period is back (I was so worried about it), I don't feel deprived and now I eat everything I want, of course MODERATION, so only the thought of chocolate also makes me happy! :D Also, guys don't EVER starve yourself with anything below 1200 calories! It's so unhealthy and TRUST ME I would know - you could lose weight with more than that! Sorry this post is all over the place, but I can't get together my thoughts, I feel like I have so much to say, but I wanted to make it short, anyway... :D

Replies

• ossentia
    ossentia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good for you on getting healthy again!
  • mearsy88
    mearsy88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    well done!! I was the opposite and because I was so over weight I wasn't having them, or they were very irregular. Now that I have lost some weight i am regular now :)
  • MissBabyJane
    Options
    Thank you, guys!

@mearsy88 Good for you!
  • Amy1542014
    Amy1542014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It is great for all women, overweight, underweight, poor diet...to be able to understand that having their period, and regular periods, are a marker of being healthy. And that is the whole idea! Being healthy! Congrats on hitting healthy!
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It is great for all women, overweight, underweight, poor diet...to be able to understand that having their period, and regular periods, are a marker of being healthy. And that is the whole idea! Being healthy! Congrats on hitting healthy!

Took the words out of my mouth! Too many competitors or extreme athletes with low low body fat % and lose their period think they're healthy. It's not healthy! Way to go for you!
  • MissBabyJane
    Options

Took the words out of my mouth! Too many competitors or extreme athletes with low low body fat % and lose their period think they're healthy. It's not healthy! Way to go for you!

Completely agree! Sadly I had to go through this to understand it. :)
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'd been to similar situation! Congrats for having your period back! :)
  • MissBabyJane
    Options
    I'd been to similar situation! Congrats for having your period back! :)

Thank you very much!
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Great news to hear your body is becoming healthy again so happy for you :flowerforyou:
  • NS81
    NS81 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats on getting healthy!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    :smile: Healthier is better. Good to see you're on the right road now.
  • cassiusauratus
    Options
    Haha, I'm really glad for you!
    Sounds like your body is pretty good at telling you when somethings not right.
  • MissBabyJane
    Options
    Haha, I'm really glad for you!
    Sounds like your body is pretty good at telling you when somethings not right.

Yeah, I know right? It's so fascinating. Thank you all!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...I'm SO HAPPY for you. Sersly bringing a tear to my eye. I know that can't have been easy but you DID IT!
  • MildredBarhopper
    MildredBarhopper Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I love hearing success stories not only from losing weight, but from gaining :)
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    It is so good to cheer you because you are regaining your health it is so prescious. Treasure it always
  • MissBabyJane
    Options
    Congratulations...I'm SO HAPPY for you. Sersly bringing a tear to my eye. I know that can't have been easy but you DID IT!

Noo, seriously. NOW I'm going to cry!!! :D I'm so emotional the last few days (I guess because of my period). Yeah it wasn't easy, and I was so worried that there was something wrong with me and I'm so grateful and relieved right now! I was really hesitating if I should share my story here, but then I thought that there is so many other girls with that problem and I should encourage them to deal with their problems and not to make them bigger, it's not so scary. Thank you for your kind response!

Good for you! I love hearing success stories not only from losing weight, but from gaining :)

Thank you very much! The weirdest thing is that I was so worried to gain weight and not look good, but honestly I think I look way better with those 3kg (not like they're very noticeable, but I was working out while gaining them so maybe that has something to do with it) and they're on all the right places. :D I looked so unhealthy person with 47kg weight. The only difference is that now I feel better.
  • MissBabyJane
    Options
    It is so good to cheer you because you are regaining your health it is so prescious. Treasure it always

I will!!! Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!