Fortnightly cheat dayzzzz

Options
Hello fellow gainers / losers

In theory, if someone on a 6 month caloric deficit plan tracked their weekly caloric deficit according to MFP to a tune of 10,000 calories, could they safely go a third over their calorie goal on a particular day on the following weekend without hurting their gains too much? I’m on a 1700 a day limit but would love to go to 2400 on a random Saturday and not feel too bad about it.

Your thoughts please..

Thanks

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    of course. once in awhile wont hurt you, its not uncommon that i go over on my calorie goals on a saturday night
  • seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I have a weekend event coming up where I know I will be going over my daily calorie limit, I compensate by staying under my limit the day before and the day after.

Think of it like a daily cash allowance. If I get, say, $50 to spend every day and one day I spent $70. If I spend only $40 the day before and $40 the day after then I am back on track overall.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    It's not a problem at all. I watch a weekly deficit. Some days under, some days over
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I just look at my total weekly calorie goal and plan in a "cheat day". My weekly calorie goal is 13,200. I eat 1700ish calories 6 days/wk and one cheat day of 3000ish calories, which brings me to 13,200 for the week. It has been working great for me, and it gives me something to look forward to each week :)
  • Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    I get you, I suppose a little indulgence every now and then won't kill.

I totally get the cash allowance analogy, banking calories makes resisting temptation a bit more bearable.