Looking for MFP pals who have suffered loss.

Options
Hi all
I am looking for MFP pals that have suffered loss no matter what the loss. The last 10 months have been really rough and I am looking for support to loose the 57lbs that I have set out for my goal. I am 34 years old and since September 2013 life has been nuts. In September I lost my Grandmother to cancer, then in October we lost my Great Aunt from natural causes. I spent a lot of summers at as a child at her farm, so we were very close. Then admits all that sadness we got some great news in November that we were pregnant, life was good. Then in early January we lost the pregnancy, I was 9 weeks along. It was devastating and the hits just kept coming. All I wanted to do is get through the losses and move on and start trying again, but that did not happen till I had a D&C in April. The Doctor and I were trying to let the miscarriage pass naturally but cause there was still tissue that was in my womb that would not come out I was rushed in for an emergency D&C. So now my period is back to normal and we are trying again. But all this loss is hard and I often find myself making excuses to eat whatever.

I am looking for support in losing the 37lbs that I have put back on since September and maybe another 20lbs more to get to my goal weight of 165lbs. Any help would be great!!
Thanks
Melissa

Replies

• allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am sorry for all of your struggles :frown: I am also 34 years old. I lost my grandmother nearly 12 years ago and my mother nearly 10 years ago, BOTH on the same day of the year, October 4th. It still seems like it was yesterday. I also struggled with infertility/loss for 5 years before being blessed with 2 sweet boys. I also have more than 50lbs to lose. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am sorry for all of your struggles :frown: I am also 34 years old. I lost my grandmother nearly 12 years ago and my mother nearly 10 years ago, BOTH on the same day of the year, October 4th. It still seems like it was yesterday. I also struggled with infertility/loss for 5 years before being blessed with 2 sweet boys. I also have more than 50lbs to lose. Feel free to add me if you'd like!

I am sorry for your loses but I am happy to hear that you were blessed with 2 boys. That gives me hope!!!
  • MasonMelissa
    Options
    bump
  • MasonMelissa
    Options
    bump
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So sorry for all of your losses, Melissa. Maybe you can turn things around by looking at things differently. Start counting all of your blessings. You are happily married. You were able to conceive and Lord willing you will again. I bet if you sat and thought about it, your list of blessings would be long. Good luck on achieving all of your goals and desires! :flowerforyou:
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of both your hard times. Life does seem to be incredibly unfair.

I am 24 years old. I have lost 2 friends my own age, 1 a few years younger, 5 uncles, my godfather, my grandfather on my mother's side and my grandmother on my father's side (car accidents, cancer, heart attack, suicides, other 'natural' causes) ... and soon we are going to lose my fiancée's mother to ALS.

I feel guilty trying to plan a wedding now that I know she wont be around for .... I mentioned to my fiancée about getting married at his parent's house asap so she could see her son's wedding, but he said that would only upset her more because it was being done just because of her "situation". She has recently taken a strong turn for the worse - can barely speak and trying to causes her a great deal of pain, she is nearly 100% paralyzed, her body is rejecting any kind of food and she is refusing a feeding tube as well as oxygen ...

My nightly workouts are helping me stay healthy, energized and somehow cheerful (for the sake of my fiancée) in these hard times. Looking to lose another 15-20 lbs. Feel free to add me for support!
  • RockStarlaa
    RockStarlaa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    HUGS!! I'm sorry for your losses.

I'm 31 (32 next month). I have 2 wonderful children but have been struggling to have a 3rd. Just diagnosed with PCOS and now hopefully on the right track to get pregnant.

I started my weight loss journey in January of this year. I was doing GREAT, down 30 or more pounds, then BAM on April 23rd my father passed away. I have not been able to get back on track since. It's been really difficult dealing with all the emotions. Not to mention my husband started a new job that is very demanding so he's never home, I feel like I have nobody to talk to about how I feel.

I hope things start to look up for you. Meanwhile, MFP is a great source for support in your journey! :)
  • MasonMelissa
    Options
    So sorry for all of your losses, Melissa. Maybe you can turn things around by looking at things differently. Start counting all of your blessings. You are happily married. You were able to conceive and Lord willing you will again. I bet if you sat and thought about it, your list of blessings would be long. Good luck on achieving all of your goals and desires! :flowerforyou:

that is the way I try to think most often but there are just times that you get down and can't
  • MasonMelissa
    Options
    HUGS!! I'm sorry for your losses.

I'm 31 (32 next month). I have 2 wonderful children but have been struggling to have a 3rd. Just diagnosed with PCOS and now hopefully on the right track to get pregnant.

I started my weight loss journey in January of this year. I was doing GREAT, down 30 or more pounds, then BAM on April 23rd my father passed away. I have not been able to get back on track since. It's been really difficult dealing with all the emotions. Not to mention my husband started a new job that is very demanding so he's never home, I feel like I have nobody to talk to about how I feel.

I hope things start to look up for you. Meanwhile, MFP is a great source for support in your journey! :)

I am sorry for your loss.
    I have PCOS and pregnancy is possible but hard. That is the problem I am having is getting back on track and want to do it.
    I hope things get better for you also.

thanks
    Mel
  • sweet_brownsugr
    sweet_brownsugr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there. First off, I am so sorry that you have suffered such losses. I know how it feels. My mother passed away a couple of years ago, then three of my aunts shortly after....two months ago, my father passed away (and I was there to witness it)....and although I was doing great and on the right track to losing weight, as soon as he passed away, I seem to just stuff my face with some of everything. Although I know there are no excuses, I must admit it is pretty difficult getting through the rough (emotional) days eating clean (especially when I have three young children to take care of).

I am back on track now and trying my best to drop 35lbs! Let's keep each other motivated! We can do this!
  • MasonMelissa
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of both your hard times. Life does seem to be incredibly unfair.

I am 24 years old. I have lost 2 friends my own age, 1 a few years younger, 5 uncles, my godfather, my grandfather on my mother's side and my grandmother on my father's side (car accidents, cancer, heart attack, suicides, other 'natural' causes) ... and soon we are going to lose my fiancée's mother to ALS.

I feel guilty trying to plan a wedding now that I know she wont be around for .... I mentioned to my fiancée about getting married at his parent's house asap so she could see her son's wedding, but he said that would only upset her more because it was being done just because of her "situation". She has recently taken a strong turn for the worse - can barely speak and trying to causes her a great deal of pain, she is nearly 100% paralyzed, her body is rejecting any kind of food and she is refusing a feeding tube as well as oxygen ...

My nightly workouts are helping me stay healthy, energized and somehow cheerful (for the sake of my fiancée) in these hard times. Looking to lose another 15-20 lbs. Feel free to add me for support!

Wow you have gone through a lot and you are doing it with grace. thanks for the support!
    I wish I had even a ounce of energy or motivation to add to my 12,000-16,000 steps that I do at work everyday. But right now I am going to keep tracking and if I can get in an walk or something then I will.

thanks
  • Shauna2626
    Shauna2626 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat right now. I lost my beloved father just over a month ago. It was sudden, so I never got to say goodbye. Previously I had been doing pretty good about avoiding emotional eating, but it's been rough lately. I'd like to have some friends who have also suffered a loss, to support each other.
  • MasonMelissa
    Options
    Hi there. First off, I am so sorry that you have suffered such losses. I know how it feels. My mother passed away a couple of years ago, then three of my aunts shortly after....two months ago, my father passed away (and I was there to witness it)....and although I was doing great and on the right track to losing weight, as soon as he passed away, I seem to just stuff my face with some of everything. Although I know there are no excuses, I must admit it is pretty difficult getting through the rough (emotional) days eating clean (especially when I have three young children to take care of).

I am back on track now and trying my best to drop 35lbs! Let's keep each other motivated! We can do this!

I am sorry for your loss and I am glad to know that you can get back on track. I am an emotional eater and that is my problem right now.
  • MasonMelissa
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat right now. I lost my beloved father just over a month ago. It was sudden, so I never got to say goodbye. Previously I had been doing pretty good about avoiding emotional eating, but it's been rough lately. I'd like to have some friends who have also suffered a loss, to support each other.

I am sorry for your loss
    and I would be honored to have friends that have gone through this so that when we are having a bad day no one is going to jump down another's throat.

thanks for sharing