Crock Pot

Options
Who has time to cook. Hey Guys send me some of your best crock pot recipes...I need your help.:sad:

Replies

• ❤B☩❤
    Options
    I'll be watching, too! :drinker:
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    That goes for me too -- I got my very first crock pot for Christmas, but it seems like all the recipes I find are either really fattening, or used canned soups (with way too much sodium!). I want some healthy recipes!
  • caite19
    caite19 Posts: 100
    Options
    I like taking a tough piece of beef and putting cut up carrots and celery in the bottom, place the meat on top, and put tomatoes on top, some salt and pepper (whatever seasonings you like). and just let it go til tender. It's good :)
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    Grassfed or pastured pork shoulder or butt. BBQ sauce (make your own that way you can control the sugar content). Cook on low for 12 hours. Can use chicken too. Yum!
  • Curbqueen
    Curbqueen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You might try one of the recipe web sites. I like allrecipes.com. Click on the "healthy cooking" tab and they have a great turkey chili recipe among others.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    There is a WHOLE crockpot thread in the recipes section. You may have to do a little searching for it but the last time I checked it there were over 100 postings on it.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
  • Dobby123
    Options
    We use this site for crockpot recipes. You may have to do some sifting as there are a lot of recipes, but you will find something that will become a staple in your arsenal of crockpot recipes. http://www.nikibone.com/recipe/crockpot.html
  • fitness63
    fitness63 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love the crock-pot. For football weekends the easiest is a pork roast with onions and cooked in a cup or so of root beer. After four hours on high use forks and pull it apart. I then add Stubb's Barbecue Sauce. Serve pulled pork on nice rolls with coleslaw. This is always a crowd pleaser. :)
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just made pork loin in my crockpot- best one I've ever made!
    I don't have a "set" recipe, I just kind of added things. It's a joke in my house, that I can never make the same thing twice :laugh:
    Here is basically what I did.

1 basic pork loin- mine was a little over 1 lb
    1 pkg of lipton beefy onion or beefy mushroom dry mix
    3/4 C of red wine
    1 C of water
    4 cloves minced garlic
    some worchestire sauce

I threw the pork in, sprinkled the mix on bottom of crockpot, added wine, water and worchestire and turned to coat. Then, I minced the garlic right ontop of the pork. I set on low (on 10 hr setting), but, it was done in about 3.5 hours. I served with the sauce as well as mashed potatoes and steamed veggies.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is the same link someone else posted, but I had the following thread in my "my topics" which has over 200 responses, although quite a few are "bumps" or "save for later"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113439-what-is-your-fav-slow-cooker-recipe
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Fat Free "Refried" Beans

1 cup dry beans (any type)
    seasonings you like (maybe some chopped onion or something; I use a ramen noodle seasoning packet, but that may have too much sodium for you)
    Small (1 quart) crockpot

Soak the beans in water over night; rinse them in the morning. Put them in the crock pot with whatever seasonings you like, and fill it with water. Turn it on and forget it. If you put it together before you leave for work, it should be about perfect when you get home. While your gone, it should overcook to the extent that the beans will swell until they burst, and there you have fat-free, work-free, refried beans!

If you have a bigger crock pot, you'll have to adjust the recipe up a bit to have the consistency come out right.
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    Just showed up on my facebook page from Eating Well Magazine:
    http://newsletters.eatingwell.com/members/ViewMailing.aspx?MailingID=126123
    All about crockpot recipes.
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    bump
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Next time, make your request under the RECIPES forum.

Here is a giant list MFP'ers already have going http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113439-what-is-your-fav-slow-cooker-recipe?hl=slowcooker&page=4#posts-1570563
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is the same link someone else posted, but I had the following thread in my "my topics" which has over 200 responses, although quite a few are "bumps" or "save for later"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113439-what-is-your-fav-slow-cooker-recipe

Ah you beat me too it ;)
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Wraps
    4-5 chicken breasts
    1 small can green chilies
    1 can black beans
    1 pkg McCormack buffalo wings seasoning mix
    1 cup fat free sour cream
    add water if needed (maybe 1/4 cup)

Put all in crock pot for 5-6 hours. Shred chicken and stir. Serve on tortilla wrap. Good with shredded lettuce or other taco type toppings.