SABOTAGE!!!!!!!!!!! New Folks, please read!!!

Options

Replies

• twopaulines
    twopaulines Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have never been on a regimented weight loss plan until now......so I have no experience with all the pitfalls you have described. I am now, however, on a mission....!! Since I have not participated in a serious weight loss attempt....and as a result my topped out at 295 pounds, and it was a revelation to realize I was just letting it go, and it shows.
    weeks
    My weight loss goal is an even 100 lbs...so I have a long way to go.... I'm down 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Thanks for your encouragement.

That's awesome!! You are at a great advantage since you're a male and have that weight loss goal!!! You will actually do this before you know it. Trust the plan, trust the process, you will absolutely reach your goal!!!
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    What- you mean the electric belly fat blaster doesn't really work?
    3 easy payments of $19.95 down the drain.....
  • shayla0302
    shayla0302 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love this post!
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    ******applause*****

Well said!
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thankfully I've never ordered the electric belly band, but I definitely know what it's like to try and do too much at once until you just give up. This is something I still struggle with, but I'm fortunately getting better at pacing myself and having a couple of small goals at a time.
  • twopaulines
    Options
    What- you mean the electric belly fat blaster doesn't really work?
    3 easy payments of $19.95 down the drain.....

Hahaha!! It's embarassing but it was true. I was 19 years old at the time... now I'm in my 30's. I did have enough sense to send it back before ever using it so it was about a $20 loss. lol
  • sinker59
    sinker59 Posts: 130
    Options
    Excellent post!
  • marleyskye05
    marleyskye05 Posts: 138
    Options
    Totally true! This is exactly how my first few tries went...doesn't help that I'm a perfectionist by nature and when I don't do everything perfect I tend to give up, but I've learned to take it one day at a time and "strive for progress, not perfection". Great post, thanks for sharing!
  • lmsky12
    lmsky12 Posts: 32
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. I tend to have an "all or nothing" attitude, and consistently set myself up for failure by going too extreme too fast. I'm going to try a couple of small goals and only add something new once I've accomplished a goal. Thank you!!
  • arsenalchick
    Options
    Great post
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n35fr14IxQ1tw1vhco1_250.gif
  • dispatcher939
    dispatcher939 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Little by Little does the trick! Good post thanks for sharing
  • twopaulines
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. I tend to have an "all or nothing" attitude, and consistently set myself up for failure by going too extreme too fast. I'm going to try a couple of small goals and only add something new once I've accomplished a goal. Thank you!!

That was totally me. In many areas of my life. This lesson in health has given me many lessons in life as well and it's super valuable. You will do it. It is soooooo hard for people who tend to think like that (us) that one small change is enough. But when you make that one small change a good one....and make it count....you get fabulous, life changing, lifelong results. It's huge.

And thank you everyone for your sweet words. I am glad you could benefit and relate.
  • twopaulines
    Options

I love this song! I have a group called Too Legit To Quit based on 80's and 90's music lol (Cause I'm forever stuck in the 80's/90's lol) and this actually inspired my post. Thank you for sharing it with me :)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Well said, I just have to keep reminding myself: small changes are good too, it's okay that the weight loss is slow as mud (two medical conditions that are being treated with medication means that unless I starve myself, I may only lose 1/2 lb a month, but at least now I'm losing.)
    Only one thing I would change: Unless you have a medical condition that the doctor has specifically defined limits, then give yourself NONE! All I say to this is "tell me what the limits are, and how I can work around/with them" Just because you can't do one thing, doesn't mean that there isn't a perfectly good alternative that won't work just as well:

Ortho doc wanted me to stop all exercise because of my knees, told her not happening. We reviewed what I do at the gym, what modifications I have already made to accomodate my knee problem (actually had been accomodating an ankle problem, but helped the knees too), and found a compromise so that way I can still work out at the gym, but in such a way that I will not cause injury to myself (and yes, I am still a little miffed about my biking shoes and my running shoes being confiscated and the whole restraining order against RPM and running, but if walking instead of running or biking until my knees are better are the only compromises to my workout, then I'm okay with that, because I still get to do modified versions of Body Pump (no lunges or squats, I do the exercises from the physical therapist instead), Body Combat (no jumping, jump kicks, or flying across the room), Athletic Conditioning (modified cardio and weights), and I still train with Super Trainer (upper body only.) Doc is happy that I'm taking it easy on my knees and I'm happy because I'm still getting to exercise and hang out with my gym buddies
  • mojo41mfp
    mojo41mfp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A fantastic post ! Thank you
  • shaylalaine
    shaylalaine Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • djcuuna
    djcuuna Posts: 6
    Options
    baby steps lol.nice and easy...