Someone please tell me the easiest ways to lose belly fat...

Options
I have ahd 5 kids and I am now trying to make a change.
I would love to lose about 20 lbs.....
The one thing that bothers me the most is the muffin top that is left from having the kids....
HELP!!!!!!

Replies

• onmyway1101
    onmyway1101 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I need to know that too!
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The only thing that worked for me was cutting the bad carbs or doing South Beach diet. I dropped major weight and kept it off for two years until insanity hit and I started to eat horribly again. :)
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I recommend old fashion cardio. Yoga is a great way to strengthen your navel/core though.
  • Connie_Pro
    Connie_Pro Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What have you tried? I love pillates. I havent had kids yet, but I can feel my mid section tone up noticably in about a week when I do it regularly!
  • kristibag81
    Options
    I need to know too...someone at the gym said major cardio. But, I've got a POUCH from my last baby...he was a BIG one. YUCK!
  • Pattilynne
    Options
    i would love to know how too... I don't think I would be so disgusted with myself if it wasn't for this belly that I have from having two kids! I've done the sit-up thing almost non stop after my first child, but it never totally went away.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Do some cardio and pilates. :)
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Do P90X! Need some great exercise! Strength and cardio. Need to do a lot of core workouts. P90X is great for that. The lean version is great!
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you eat a lot of soy, I would eliminate it. Lost about 10 pounds and most of it came off my belly with just that change.
  • fitfusion
    Options
    Be consistent with a resistance weight training program to build lean muscle mass, do cardio to burn extra calories, and most of the time eat whole, "clean" foods; fruits, veggies, lean protein ,grains, fiber, and ,yes, healthy fats. Do not starve yourself...eat! All that to say, with five kids, do the best you can, and don't stress when you miss a workout or a "clean" meal. Pick it up again the next day--you can do it!!
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, eat "clean" foods, and watch your sodium intake. That will help reduce any bloating, and cardio is the best thing to burn the fat, and then you do the crunches to help tone. If you do too many crunches now, you are building muscle under the fat, and it won't go away. I'm still working on mine after three kids, and it does take a LONG time, so be patient and just keep going. It will probably be the last thing you loose.
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. Stomach and hips are the last things to go. Cardio, cardio and cardio.