Easy recipes for canned tuna??

Options
rawkkvixen88
rawkkvixen88 Posts: 6 Member
Hi guys! Any tasty easy recipes for canned tuna? Been eating tuna apple salad and need a new recipe :) thanks in advance

Replies

• jmurray90
    jmurray90 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    i mix a can with half an avocado and some chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper. its like tuna salad only wayyy better! (: eat it on crackers or pretzles.
  • Julieelliott12
    Julieelliott12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt and a hard boiled egg and veggies of choice ( i like cucumber, tomoato, peppers) You can have it with cucumber slices for crackers or on a sandwich.. yum.. stomach growling as i think about it...
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Mix a can of tuna with salsa, top crackers <---one of my favorite snacks!

Tuna noodle casserole - mix cooked noodles with cream of mushroom soup, onion, peas, garlic salt and pepper, top with parmesan cheese and bake for 15 minutes

1 can tuna with sliced kalamata, tomato, onion, avocado mixed together, stuff into a pita that is lined with 2 TBSP of your favorite hummus.
  • jonathandavid_t
    jonathandavid_t Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    A simpler version of the one that was recently on the MFP blog:
    2 cans tuna, 1 avocado, half an apple chopped up small, 1oz chopped nuts, mash and mix and stick in fridge.
  • epadcock
    epadcock Posts: 1
    Options
    I toss in some diced red bell pepper, (drained) crushed pineapple, and a little Veganaise - yummy!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    1 Can tuna (i use white solid)
    4 tablespoons Original Hummus
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon crushed garlic
    1 teaspoon chives
    pepper to taste

This is the best tuna salad I have ever had! Make a sandwich or put it on salad

Oh and I have mixed it with homemade salsa! delish!
  • HappyQuella
    HappyQuella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I mix canned tuna with quinoa pasta and Ragu. Really yummy and simple.
  • Michellekutz1
    Options
    I love baking Tuna Patty, tuna, eggs, ole bay seasoning, form patties bake and it's a no card Tuna Patty ( like a crab cake but with tuna and no bread crumbs)
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat bread anymore and I miss tuna on toast so I make it in salad form.
    Lettuce, spinach, chopped cucumber, drained can of tuna, and about 3 tablespoons of vegenaise (mayo works too if you aren't allergic to eggs). Plus salt and pepper to taste. Sometimes I use a garlic and chili grinder. I layer everything and then give it a shake at lunch time. Not very creative but hits the spot.
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Go to dhftns.com and you'll find plenty of recipes there. I've made several of the tuna recipes already and love them!
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I diced scallions, cherry tomatoes and add relish with lite mayonnaise (I prefer the mayo) or avocado and fresh cracked black pepper. I let it marinate overnight. I buy the large 12oz cans of tuna packed in water because the tuna is usually larger chunks. I serve a 1/4 to 1/2 cup on Brown Berry Whole Wheat Sandwich thins b/c they are low in carbs/sugars and at 5g of protein per roll. Sometimes, I toast a slice of swiss cheese on the tuna before eating it.
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Mashed squash (cut into cubes, boil, very soft) and add some tuna that has been sauteed (with vinegar, even, if you don't want to add fats) in onion and garlic, and add some chili if you like. Delicious.

Do you guys get sustainably caught tuna? I need to do that.
  • Adaniel65
    Adaniel65 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can find this later!!!

Well done
  • Army_Of_One
    Army_Of_One Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sweet & Spicy!
    I like fresh diced peaches or necturines and a diced jalapeno with my drained tuna.
  • lqichick
    lqichick Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some good ideas.
  • rawkkvixen88
    rawkkvixen88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ooo yum thanks guys for some new tasty ideas. Was beginning to get sick of tuna lol.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I mix a can of drained tuna with cottage cheese and green onion.... Yum
  • StarHeart79
    Options
    Bump!
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to make these tuna patties!

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/tuna-fish-patties-and-quick-coleslaw/
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Bumping this! Love tuna! Ta!