Exercises on vibration plates

:happy:
I have a Vibration Plate and I have studied certain exercises and then formulated a 'calorie lost' plan for myself. I do exercises on my VP and I calculate like this:

10 mins of vibration plate = 49cals
3 mins of squats = 36 (12 cals per min) + 14.7 (4.9 per min VP) total burnt 3 mins = 50.7
3 mins of lunges = 36 + 14.7 = 50.7
3 mins of Stretching = 12(4 cals per min) + 14.7 = 26.7
3 mins of yoga = 12 + 14.7 = 26.7

So a mixture of the above you could roughly work out your calories. I do 20 mins per day on VP on top of general day to day cardio ( walking, housework, etc). Some studies state that VP helps with the after burn, so it is worth doing before you go about your daily activities.

Hope this helps anyone wanting to know a calorie burn on a VP and good luck

Replies

• katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    what is a vibration plate and do i get the same supposed affect/effect if i do squats on a vibrating washer?
    assuming i don't fall over
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    what is a vibration plate and do i get the same supposed affect/effect if i do squats on a vibrating washer?

:drinker:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Why wouldn't you calculate it like this:

1sec on vibration plate = 5000kcal?
  • Immerito
    Immerito Posts: 105 Member

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20090511/can-vibration-plates-shake-off-weight
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Just sit on it
  • theundead
    theundead Posts: 51 Member
    I thought with the vibrating plate machines you do exercises like lunges and squats on it? and its suppose to help with the muscles contracting.
  • IronSmasher

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20090511/can-vibration-plates-shake-off-weight

Can I play?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23453990

CONCLUSIONS:
    Vibration can have adverse effects on a number of physiologic systems. This work indicates that readily accessible whole body vibration devices markedly exceed ISO guidelines for safety, and extreme caution must be practiced when considering their use.
  • IronSmasher

Yes.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23249822

Occurrence of fatigue induced by a whole body vibration session is not frequency dependent.
    Raphael Z, Wesley A, Daniel K, Olivier S.

The present study demonstrates that the frequency of vibration does not significantly influence the magnitude and location of neuromuscular fatigue suggesting that adding WBV to static squat exercise (on a vertically oscillating platform) does not provide an additional training stimulus.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    :happy:
    I have a Vibration Plate and I have studied certain exercises and then formulated a 'calorie lost' plan for myself. I do exercises on my VP and I calculate like this:

10 mins of vibration plate = 49cals
    3 mins of squats = 36 (12 cals per min) + 14.7 (4.9 per min VP) total burnt 3 mins = 50.7
    3 mins of lunges = 36 + 14.7 = 50.7
    3 mins of Stretching = 12(4 cals per min) + 14.7 = 26.7
    3 mins of yoga = 12 + 14.7 = 26.7

So a mixture of the above you could roughly work out your calories. I do 20 mins per day on VP on top of general day to day cardio ( walking, housework, etc). Some studies state that VP helps with the after burn, so it is worth doing before you go about your daily activities.

Hope this helps anyone wanting to know a calorie burn on a VP and good luck

This seems like an excellent way to overeat and gain weight while barely exercising.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Can I do dead lifts on a vibration plate?

omg, you can!
    http://youtu.be/rI5Hr2f-n5I
    This puts it into a new perspective. How much would a dead on one of these burn? Thank you in advance, God bless! :flowerforyou:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Is this some sort of sex game?
  • Mabbi34
    Mabbi34 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi,
    I can only comment on how it works for me. I worked out what calories the exercise not on the VP would burn and then added the calories burnt on the VP. VP is supposed to work by resistance so if that helps?

I am happy with the way I am losing weight as this is gradual and has been steady for me which is what I want as I dont want to put the weight back on. So if you want to follow my theory, calculate the calories burnt per minute with the exercise and then add 4.9 per minute for doing it on the VP.

And in response to Beachiron - whatever floats your boat!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    I can't afford a vibration plate.

I just stand in one place and jiggle really fast.

I estimate that burn at 200kcal per minute,
  • Juleeroch
    Juleeroch Posts: 98 Member
    :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    if i do squats on a vibrating washer?

sounds kinky.
  • keenanmw
    keenanmw Posts: 3 Member
    too vague - need to define plate being used, they aren't all the same, cracks me up reading the invincible comments LOL, we use most of them with the exception of vertical/linear because this is the type that the studies show to be dangerous...ivivalife.com
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Is this some sort of sex game?

That might actually be a good use for any otherwise useless machine...
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    What's the "after burn?" All exercise elevates your metabolism for a period of time post-workout, so that's not new or specific to vibration plates.
  • mckait11
    mckait11 Posts: 2 Member
    How / where do I add Vibration Plate in exercises?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    billsica wrote: »
    Can I do dead lifts on a vibration plate?

omg, you can!
    http://youtu.be/rI5Hr2f-n5I
    This puts it into a new perspective. How much would a dead on one of these burn? Thank you in advance, God bless! :flowerforyou:

I wonder how these guys are feeling when they look back on this?

Awesome three year old thread! :laugh: