Reclaiming the body my kids took away

Options
3babybeans
3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
Hello, everyone.

I'm a newbie to this website. I'm on here in an effort to take back my body, my health & my self esteem.

I have 3 chidren. A 3 year old little boy, another little boy that is 21 months & a 4 1/2 month old daughter. I've been pregnant &/or breastfeeding since Nov. 2004 & my body reflects that. Although I am still breastfeeding, I need to start the battle. Diabetes & high cholesterol run like wild fire in my family so I need to start working on myself before it is too late.

Whew. Now that THAT'S out of the way...I'm looking forward to meeting some people on this site so we can work together & meet our goals! YAY! :smile:

Replies

• 3babybeans
    Options
    Hello, everyone.

I'm a newbie to this website. I'm on here in an effort to take back my body, my health & my self esteem.

I have 3 chidren. A 3 year old little boy, another little boy that is 21 months & a 4 1/2 month old daughter. I've been pregnant &/or breastfeeding since Nov. 2004 & my body reflects that. Although I am still breastfeeding, I need to start the battle. Diabetes & high cholesterol run like wild fire in my family so I need to start working on myself before it is too late.

Whew. Now that THAT'S out of the way...I'm looking forward to meeting some people on this site so we can work together & meet our goals! YAY! :smile:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • myfitz4life
    myfitz4life Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    HI babybeans, and welcome! First of all, congrats to you for breastfeeding all of your munchkins! Its so important for babies to have their moms milk. I wish I would have breast fed longer than 5 months :ohwell: Just be careful to consume enough calories while you are feeding the little one.

It is great that you are taking control of your health now. You will be a healthy, energetic mom. Your kids will see your good eating habits and energetic lifestyle and they will so the same when they grow up. Way to set a good example.

Good luck with everything and let us know if you need help! :)
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Thank you for your support about the weight loss & the breastfeeding, westfala! I breastfed the boys for 11.5 months each & so far so good with our little girl. However, when I got pregnant with our second son, we had to supplement with formula for with our first. I was still able to nurse him, I just wasn't able to pump anything while I was still working. Oh, well. It really is such an important thing for moms to do, imo...even if it means having to put weigh loss on the back burner. One thing that is different for me this time than between the previous 2 pregnancies is that I know we're done having babies so that makes it easier to kick into "get in shape" gear. We'll see how it goes!

86511.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Kirsti
    Kirsti Posts: 53
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in the same boat as you with 3 little ones and no body left as a result:laugh: Congrats on your BFing! That's a wonderful accomplishment!
  • vickster82
    vickster82 Posts: 108
    Options
    that is a great quote!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:
    I also have 3 kids, all boys, and the youngest is 2 1/2 yrs. It has taken me longer to lose weight with the last one, but I'm almost at my goal :happy: thanks to this site. It is a wonderful site to use with a lot of great people.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    alyssa18.gif