Small success!

Options
45 minutes on the treadmill tonight instead of 30! :)

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    That's great! Think about how strong and fit you're getting, congrats!:drinker:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Great job! God, I remember the first time I did 45 minutes on the elliptical instead of 30. That extra 15 minutes is a BEAST! Keep it up!!!!
  • starlitesue
    Options
    I did the exact same thing tonight! Go us!!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    What a GREAT success! Good for you!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    great job
  • Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Way to be diligent! Keep at it. So happy for you!
  • Chillem
    Chillem Posts: 40
    Options
    I was doubting whether to do zumba or not, because it was already past 3.30 am and my father just woke up to go to the bathroom, and my body needed maybe a rest day, but then I decided that rest does not have to mean doing nothing, but doing less... So i did 30 minutes of zumba in the dark :) It did not even feel as a workout, because normally I do like 80 minutes (my warmup is 10 minutes and cool down also 10 minutes, I use 3 songs for each, instead of one - so 80 minutes is not hard as it sounds) And now it's time to sleep and give my body the rest it needs.
  • molina76853
    Options
    Awesome!
  • agameoffate
    Options
    that is awesome!! congrats. :)
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I was doubting whether to do zumba or not, because it was already past 3.30 am and my father just woke up to go to the bathroom, and my body needed maybe a rest day, but then I decided that rest does not have to mean doing nothing, but doing less... So i did 30 minutes of zumba in the dark :) It did not even feel as a workout, because normally I do like 80 minutes (my warmup is 10 minutes and cool down also 10 minutes, I use 3 songs for each, instead of one - so 80 minutes is not hard as it sounds) And now it's time to sleep and give my body the rest it needs.

great job!!! :) and btw i like how you said 'does not mean doing nothing, but doing less' i'll keep that in mind when i want a 'rest day' thanks!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    thanks everyone!!! :)

do you think i'd be pushing it if i continued doing 45 everyday now? i'm on week 2 of my weight loss journey. or maybe switching it up. 30 one day and then 45 the next?
  • Chillem
    Chillem Posts: 40
    Options
    It's a huge difference from 30 to 45 minutes, personally I would have done first 35 than 40 and so on. But if you have the power for it and don't feel like you're about to die, you can keep up with the 45 minutes and do 30 on your "lazy" days.
  • fredaro2002
    fredaro2002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! If you are working out at the gym, I would recommend the elliptical machine. You can burn the same amount of calories (or more) in half the time of working out on the treadmill. I find the elliptical is less strenuous on my knees and keeps my heart rate up longer.
  • homemom3
    Options
    That's great. I'm still at 30 minutes, hoping to increase that next week. Baby Steps.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!