Stationary Bike

Options
I have found that i really like the stationary bikes at the gym but i feel like i am not burning enough calories.. shoud i stick with the eliptical instead

Replies

• Fat2FitArmyWifey
    Options
    Switching it up every now and then is a good way to shock your body! :) I say alternate the machines or whatever makes you happy!! :)
  • caitbait
    Options
    Are you using a heart rate monitor? What's your wattage (power) output? Odds are, you probably are burning more calories.

I find that I burn way more calories on my bike (road bike on a trainer... more or less like a stationary bike). With biking, make sure your cadence is around 80-90 rpms (don't totally kill yourself with resistance).
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the bike, but i felt the same way, so I would do 20 minutes elliptical and 30 minutes or so on the bike, so that I am still doing what i like but I am also burning more calories with the elliptical.
  • amapp
    amapp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love them both, it actually depends on the bike at the gym for me. To be honest I burn more on the elliptical than the bike however when I do the spinning class with an instructor I burn the same amount of calories as if I was on the elliptical. I guess its the push from the instructor. Of course riding the trail burns even more calories.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I love using the recumbent bike. I eat 1850 calories a day and don't log my exercise calories. Furthermore, all I do is 16 minutes of high intensity intervals three to five times a week to boost my metabolism. Most weight loss will come from proper nutrition.