Zumba

Options
Any zumba fans? I've just signed up for my first 11 week class, I'm looking forward to it!

Replies

• Fat2FitArmyWifey
    Options
    You will absolutely love it! I have been doing Zumba and it's such a fun workout! You really do not even feel like your working out! :) Enjoy!!:happy:
  • allymc3
    Options
    OMG! Zumba is the best! You'll have fun!
  • giggles05
    Options
    Zumba is great fun, as long as you have fun and dont take your self to seriosly then you will have great fun, you will ache the next day as well, good luck x
  • sally_sally
    Options
    I'm a zumba instructors assistant and I love it! so much fun and such an amazing burn too! :happy:
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I started going to classes this year and so far LOVE it!! have fun :)
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm so glad to hear all of you enjoyed it. Now I'm more excited!
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    Options
    Even though I am a zumba instructor.. You will love it! Of course I am biased. Its a great hour cardio workout that will put a smile on your face as you keep coming back for more. Have fun and burn those calories!
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Even though I am a zumba instructor.. You will love it! Of course I am biased. Its a great hour cardio workout that will put a smile on your face as you keep coming back for more. Have fun and burn those calories!

Awesome!
  • everydayepiphanies
    everydayepiphanies Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Can you get as good a workout with Zumba DVDs as you can get in a class?
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It's fun! I love workouts that don't feel like work lol!
  • Kantrell
    Options
    Zumba is great if you like to dance...I love latin dancing:happy:
  • back2theIslandbody
    Options
    I have a question.. I have been wanting to try it and looking for classes in my area .. But the huge question is this ... I AM DANCE AND CORDINATION CHALLANGED".... would I be able to do it
  • back2theIslandbody
    Options
    :smooched:
  • lanie13
    lanie13 Posts: 55
    Options
    OMG I LOVE Zumba! I have the DVDs and the Wii game should be arriving tomorrow! It's a lot of fun to do!
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    Options
    YEs, please try Zumba even if you are not coordinated. As you keep participating, it will get easier and you will know the steps. Zumba keeps it simple and we repeat the same 3-4 moves the entire song. The music is awesome and as long as you keep your body moving, it doesn't matter if you are doing the moves right. Your main goal the first class is to have fun and come back! Good Luck.
    I have a question.. I have been wanting to try it and looking for classes in my area .. But the huge question is this ... I AM DANCE AND CORDINATION CHALLANGED".... would I be able to do it
  • back2theIslandbody
    Options
    Awesome I tried it last night (kinda) it was fun !! And I didnt feel as un-cordinated as I thought I would
    YEs, please try Zumba even if you are not coordinated. As you keep participating, it will get easier and you will know the steps. Zumba keeps it simple and we repeat the same 3-4 moves the entire song. The music is awesome and as long as you keep your body moving, it doesn't matter if you are doing the moves right. Your main goal the first class is to have fun and come back! Good Luck.
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    My gym started the classes last week and I'm already addicted - it's such good fun, doesn't feel at all like a work out, in fact it may be the first time I've ever looked forward to getting to the gym. You'll love it!!
  • calaiasa
    Options
    :heart: I have been doing Zumba for five months now. I attend Zumba classes at a dance studio and I have lost 30 pounds prior to signing up with My Fitness Pal. I don't do anything else but Zumba. I hate running on the treadmill and going to the gym. I find it boring and repetitious. Zumba is a fun cardio workout! It feels more like a dance party than a workout! And I personally don't like the Zumba DVDs. I think the classes are more fun and more challenging. I am more prone to workout harder in an actual class because I can't flop myself down on the floor whenever I'm tired.

I've also been doing Turbo Fire at home and that is another awesome workout by Chalene Johnson. It's a totally different workout from Zumba. Turbo Fire is an intense kickboxing/hip hop workout. But just as fun as Zumba! So right now I'm doing a hybrid workout of Zumba and Turbo Fire.....I call it Zumba Fire : )
  • calaiasa
    Options
    3505796.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter