Binge eating

Options
I'm feeling very stressed at the moment with losing weight, I have lost 10 lbs in my 3 weeks of dieting and exercising everyday, but I can't stop thinking and wanting to binge. Are there any tips for not feeling the urge to binge? Thanks:-) x

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you've lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks, the first thing I would do is to make sure that you're not at too steep a deficit or missing any key nutrients. Your body may very well be trying to tell you something important.
  • PhattieMcPhat
    Options
    That makes sense. I should probably stick to the advised calories per day, for example today I have consumed 588 calories, burned over 200 doing cardio but I should be eating 1200 calories a day. Thanks. :-)
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    That makes sense. I should probably stick to the advised calories per day, for example today I have consumed 588 calories, burned over 200 doing cardio but I should be eating 1200 calories a day. Thanks. :-)

Honestly, at your age you should be eating even more than 1200 calories a day. Your body still has the potential for growth and development. You might check out a site like sparkteens.com that's going to be more geared toward your age group.
  • sheedy17
    sheedy17 Posts: 128
    Options
    pick a day when you will weigh yourself, binge on that day after you weigh in

Once you see the number, thats the number you will go by, so if u gain a pound that day , it wont affect you
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    pick a day when you will weigh yourself, binge on that day after you weigh in

Once you see the number, thats the number you will go by, so if u gain a pound that day , it wont affect you

The OP is 15-years-old and eating around 600 calories a day. I'm not sure that telling her to schedule her binges is responsible advice.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    You are binging and thinking about binging because your body thinks it's starving and wants nutrition. You are eating WAY TOO LITTLE.
  • kwmarissa
    kwmarissa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you what I know from experience. When I was 15 I decided to go on a diet. That diet started out awesome, I was striving to eat healthy and exercise, I wanted overall wellness. That, however, started to become an obsession. This obsession led to me constantly counting calories/carbs/fat/protein. I was always thinking about the calories in food and planning out my meals. How much should I eat today? What shouldn't I eat? Maybe I shouldn't eat at all. I wanted to lose weight and become as tiny as possible. It all happened so fast I didn't have time to take a step back and look at the reality of it all. I was fifteen and forcing my body into only having 400-500 calories a day. I was tired, my energy was non existent, I was also so so so HUNGRY. But I forced myself to continue this unhealthy lifestyle and it was killing me from the inside. My hair started to fall out and let me tell you, it's not fun taking a shower and clumps of your hair just start falling out. My period even went away for 6 months. I know that might seem not so bad, but that's part of what makes me a woman and I actually really wanted it back. What I'm trying to get at here and believe me, I'm not trying to scare you but eating disorders are in no way glamorous. They don't make you beautiful or amazingly thin. They make you sick. Please don't deprive your body of the nutrients it needs. Nourish your body and exercise. Live healthy because you don't want to spend every waking moment of your life being scared of food. Food is life and it's power and energy. I believe that you can do this the healthy way by eating the correct amount of calories for your age/weight/height and just being more active doing things you enjoy.
  • easeintofitness
    Options
    I say don't resist a little indulgence. Use MyFitnessPal to calculate the max amount of calories you can eat without gaining weight. On days where you are feeling hungrier than usual, feel free to eat up to that amount of calories. I do it off and on in periods of stress. It is all about still maintaining control.

However, you need to be consuming at least 1000-1200 calories/day to feed your body.
  • christyserenity
    christyserenity Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough.

Agreed!