First post! Howdy, from Texas

Options
Hi all! I got tired of seeing myself overweight and decided to do something about it. I've been using JEFIT for a routine and to show me how to do exercises. I'm on my 3rd week. And I know I am stronger, and I do feel better, but I am certainly not lighter on the scale. It's a little disheartening. But I'm going to keep at it. Googling about this is actually what lead me here. So hello to all!

Replies

• beardedwarriortx
    beardedwarriortx Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Tla0126
    Tla0126 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Howdy fellow Texan!! :o)

Yeah... I got tired of being fat and unhealthy, so I focused on the healthy part and the weight loss has followed!! When I first start a workout routine, I retain A LOT of water; plus, it's been hot and humid which makes it worse!! Like you said... keep at it and I know you'll become a loser in no time!!
  • BevBasil
    BevBasil Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You could be building muscle while losing fat so you won't see the numbers on the scale change. If you are getting stronger than you must be building muscle. You should also start to notice your clothes fitting better.
  • farrellz
    farrellz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am a fellow Texan as well....

I have been on MFP since April, and the system works for me. I lose 1 pound a week like clockwork. Combining regular workouts with managed calorie intake really suits me. I eat and drink whatever I want by managing the portion sizes synchronized with cardio workouts.

Don't give up.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I got tired of seeing myself overweight and decided to do something about it. I've been using JEFIT for a routine and to show me how to do exercises. I'm on my 3rd week. And I know I am stronger, and I do feel better, but I am certainly not lighter on the scale. It's a little disheartening. But I'm going to keep at it. Googling about this is actually what lead me here. So hello to all!

Howdy back to ya! :flowerforyou: I'm in Austin ( or actually close by ) so a fellow Texan here! I started at the end of April so if you want to add me feel free!! Don't get discouraged!

My advice is to check your profile and make sure you have entered your profile in correctly. Also make sure you are logging anything that goes past your lips and weigh and measuring it all with a scale and measuring tools. No guessing and no skipping!

One thing I found is if you are exercising including weight lifts then your muscles will hold water! I swear I have gained two pounds after weight lifting and then drop two pounds by the end of the week without changing anything. Drink lots and lots of water to help with this.

Here is a great post which is VERY helpful
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Texan here too. Keep at it, it will take a little while before you start losing but it will happen, good luck and anyone can feel free to add me, I'm on here everyday......
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
  • gretlarson
    gretlarson Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Howdy!! I'm not from Texas but I did spend a year at A&M. Definitely don't get caught up in the number on the scale. If you know you are feeling better then what you are doing is working the rest will follow.
  • corbmonster
    corbmonster Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Such a great community here! You guys and gals are awesome! I weighed myself post work out, and you were all right. I think I was retaining a good amount of water weight in my muscles. I looked at my proteins ingredients and it does have creatine. But to the point: I have lost 3 lbs since I started 3 weeks ago. And I just measured myself, and I have lost mass as well. 0.5 inch off my neck. 1.25 inch off waist, and 0.75 off hips. So yes, you were all right. I'm so happy I am making progress!